Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Social Media Team receives 2 nominations for 3rd Annual Simpliflying Awards

Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold

AA has been nominated for the 3rd Annual Simpliflying Awards in the following categories:

1. "Best Airline in Social Media"
2. "Best Use of Social Media to Drive Customer Service".

It's very apparent to me the impact their Social Media team has had in the customer experience/service specially via Twitter and Facebook. I hope you join the recognition efforts with your vote. - They know why we fly!

VOTE HERE
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
i've honestly been pretty surprised by their twitter presence. i tweet about UA and AA and the AA team responds to me within a minute or two. UA is just dead silence. the difference is pretty stark.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:18 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I don't use either facebook or twitter (so won't be voting), but it's nice to hear that AA seem to be embracing the social media approach reasonable well, it seems.

Cheers.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
I find I typically have good experiences calling into AA, but I have great experiences with much faster resolution if I tweet at them during business hours. Easy way to send compliments about good phone reps and gate agents also.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
Their social team is absolutely top-notch. I've interacted with them, as well as met them in person, and they have that rare combination of passion and competence. Many of them truly love American and aviation, and it shows in their work.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
Their twitter team is very active, personable, and responsive. Definitely the best airline social media presence that I've come across (between them, WN, and UA).
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
I don't use Twitter, but I do follow them on Facebook. Their posts are generally pretty informative, and at time entertaining. I've definitely enjoyed some of the contests they've had through Facebook. Also, the insider videos they've posted on Youtube are great, for an aviation geek like me and even most kettle IMHO.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by imafaan
AA has been nominated for the 3rd Annual Simpliflying Awards in the following categories:

1. "Best Airline in Social Media"
2. "Best Use of Social Media to Drive Customer Service".

It's very apparent to me the impact their Social Media team has had in the customer experience/service specially via Twitter and Facebook. I hope you join the recognition efforts with your vote. - They know why we fly!

VOTE HERE
I voted for AA because they deserve the win. Their Social Media team has done a great job of being in touch with online community. Definitely appreciate their quick response to tweets: AAwesome!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.