Wiki Posts
Search

AA Airport / Concourse TSA Pre-Check / Precheck Hours [only]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
AA Airport / Concourse TSA Pre-Check / Precheck Hours [only]

Does anyone know how late PreCheck is open at AA ORD?

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 1, 2012 at 8:03 am Reason: rededicate thread, restore OP title
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
I have yet to see it closed whilst the F line is open.

Probably the latest I've seen recently is c.8-9pm.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DillMan

Thanks. I have a 10:30PM flight tomorrow (fairly late) and am coming from a dinner so I'll probably be going through between 9:30-10.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by DillMan

I think it depends on staffing and day of the week. For evening flights, I've been getting to the airport at 7-7:15pm and later, it is already closed. The upside is the waits for the regular checkpoint aren't that bad at those hours.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Was the second to last person to get through the F line (and the TSA Pre line closed at the same time) at 7:15 p.m. on Sunday. It seems people expect it to be open until 7:30. There was a lot of grumbling by passengers turned away at the TSA staff. Eventually a supervisor was called out by a passenger who was POed.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Rather than have a separate thread for each PreCheck location hours, this thread has been rededicated to the times for all AA PreCheck locations, retitled, and the post titled with the original thread title.

All posts prior to this one are about ORD and the AA PreCheck location hours.

Thank you,

JDiver, Moderator
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Rather than have a separate thread for each PreCheck location hours, this thread has been rededicated to the times for all AA PreCheck locations, retitled, and the post titled with the original thread title.

All posts prior to this one are about ORD and the AA PreCheck location hours.

Thank you,

JDiver, Moderator
Thanks! Makes sense to have a dedicated thread to PreCheck hours.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:31 am
Original Poster

To close the loop on ORD - went through on 8/2 around 9:40PM or so. Got LLL but no PreCheck line operating.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JMN57
Thanks! Makes sense to have a dedicated thread to PreCheck hours.
Not sure why. Since PreCheck selection is not a given (particularly at ORD), it doesn't seem to me to make any sense to select flights based on the possibility of getting PreCheck. In addition, there are no posted hours, as far as we know, hours vary from day to day. Notice that DillMan (post #2) is seeing it open at 8-9 PM, while DataPlumber is seeing it closed at 7-7:15. I don't see how that information helps anybody.

Of course, if we get several hundred posts like this on every PreCheck location, then we'll have...well, nothing other than a giant confusing mess. PreCheck either will be open when we get there, or it won't. If it isn't, no amount of postings on FT will change that.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Sorry for the bump here. AFAIK, it closes at 7 PM at ORD, but I could very well be wrong and others in this thread have clearly gone through later than that.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by akarneboge:20929802
Sorry for the bump here. AFAIK, it closes at 7 PM at ORD, but I could very well be wrong and others in this thread have clearly gone through later than that.
I actually asked them when I went through last week and was told it closes every day (including sat and Sun) at 7:20 pm. They said sometimes they close it as early as 7:15
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Asked at LAS last week-- they close at midnight.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Pretty sure SFO closes at 5:00PM. It sucks, particularly if you're just rolling in for the 6:00PM to ORD.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 7:32 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I'm pretty sure that pre-check at JFK (AA) T8 is officially open from early morning until late in the evening, a few months ago I arrived at JFK around 11:00 am--a period where AA has very few flights. Pre-check closed, even the priority access lane(s) were closed. There were so few people that they had only one lane open and that had 5 or 6 people waiting to be checked.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL
Pretty sure SFO closes at 5:00PM. It sucks, particularly if you're just rolling in for the 6:00PM to ORD.
It does IME. I got there at 4:30 for my 9:30 something red-eye to Miami just so I didn't have to go through the normal hassle. Pre-check matters that much to me, yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.