Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Avis: Earn 3,000 or 5,000 AAdvantage miles and up to 35% off, until 15 Sep 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Decided to make a new thread for this offer. Credit to rustyr for pointing out where to look.

5K miles for 3 days seems like an incredible deal! Anyone know how good Avis is about crediting AA miles? I believe there will be a 75 cent/day FF surcharge, but worthwhile IMO.

http://aav12.aavacations.com/Consume...c=ABCarPlanner

MUAA035

OFFER EXTENDED UNTIL SEPTEMBER 15!

Use coupon number MUAA035 and provide your AAdvantage number to earn your AAdvantage® miles.

Terms & Conditions apply
Terms and Conditions

3,000 AAdvantage bonus miles offer valid on a qualifying rental of minimum one day, maximum two consecutive days at participating Avis airport locations in the US and Canada. Mention coupon MUAA035 to get this offer.

5,000 AAdvantage bonus miles offer valid on a qualifying rental of 3 consecutive days or more at participating Avis airport locations in the US and Canada. Mention coupon MUAA035 to get this offer.

Offer valid for rentals between July 18,2012 and September 15, 2012.
AAdvantage number must be mentioned at the time of reservation or at the rental counter to earn AAdvantage bonus miles.

Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for AAdvantage bonus miles to post to the AAdvantage member's account.

Bonus miles offer valid on all car groups.
An advance reservation is required.

Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your AWD discount.

The savings of up to 35% applies to the time and mileage charges only. Use AWD K817165 to receive this discount.

Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges are extra.
Optional items such as LDW ($35.99/day or less) and other surcharges may apply and are extra.

Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some online rates at Avis.com.

Car rental return restrictions may apply.
Offer subject to change without notice.
Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum rental age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.

Rental must begin by September 15, 2012.

Last edited by drzoidberg; Aug 31, 2012 at 9:03 am
Old Jul 22, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: Not care as much as before...
Think so too!
Old Jul 22, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA and HH
I just changed a reservation for next weekend. Does AA or Avis have a history of not honoring these types of promotions? Seems too good to be true that you can earn 5k AA miles for $84 (my a/i rate).
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:02 pm

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Avis has in past been pretty good at awarding the bonus miles. In fact, your return receipt should have the miles listed most of the time. I also would say from times in past it will not take 6-8 weeks for this to show up on your mileage summary. Now to to do 10-20 single day rentals each wkend till 8-31 .
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Looks like I need to stop earning Carlson points..
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Nice, I was unable to book at Hertz at MSP this Wednesday so booked via Avis. Now I can even boost my AA miles.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Very nice promo, when rates are also reasonable* -- which is a bit of a challenge at many places, right now.

I've had and seen on these boards good experience with Avis in partner promotions, unless they get overwhelmed by us (when word gets around during super promotions). Then it can take longer for miles or points to show up, and people get insecure.

* There are better AWD codes, such as K024700 or A515100 (which I've used - no ID requested), which work with MUAA035.

Last edited by Firewind; Jul 22, 2012 at 11:59 pm
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:05 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Any limitation on doing multiple
back-to-back 1-day rentals?
i.e. 3000 per 1 day is better than 5000 for 3.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Jul 23, 2012 at 12:41 am Reason: not new york !
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
ny limitation on doing multiple
back-to-back 1-day rentals?
i.e. 3000 per 1 day is better than 5000 for 3.
Never faced such before in many - Avis or otherwise - such promos. Different from the hotel programs.

Now, did you mean "ny" to mean New York at the beginning? If so, I can't speak specifically to any NY city or state requirements. Or did you mean "no"?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:40 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by Firewind
Never faced such before in many - Avis or otherwise - such promos. Different from the hotel programs.

Now, did you mean "ny" to mean New York at the beginning? If so, I can't speak specifically to any NY city or state requirements. Or did you mean "no"?
Thanks ! ... no, I meant Any, not NY

Actually I am looking at PDX.
$30 a day ai so its like buying miles at 1 cpm
with the car a "free ride" !

Of course, this is just on weekends.
Prices about double weekdays.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Jul 24, 2012 at 3:10 pm
Old Jul 23, 2012, 5:16 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
I would think that you could use the AWD/and coupon #, run it thru something like ebates and get $ back and still get miles. And I've done multiple rentals @ same time to pile on the miles. Firewind, thanks for the add'tnl AWD's- saved a buck-down to $20.54 day.

Last edited by rustyr; Jul 23, 2012 at 5:22 am
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:03 am

Well, you guys are doing better than me. The SF Bay Area is awful. (Look at weekly rates, all brands, but swallow your coffee first.) But these are still the best daily rates I'm finding.

And MrHalliday, your m.o. is how we are definitely going to slow the system down.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustyr
I would think that you could use the AWD/and coupon #, run it thru something like ebates and get $ back and still get miles. And I've done multiple rentals @ same time to pile on the miles. Firewind, thanks for the add'tnl AWD's- saved a buck-down to $20.54 day.
rustyr, can you explain the ebates please?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
rustyr, can you explain the ebates please?

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrer...sUGtjLTQ%3D%3D

Once you do, click on the Avis link and it will take you to the Avis website to book your reservation. Once your reservation is complete, you will collect 3% cash back via EBATES. 3% is not much but it ads up.

Most people here use Ebates, FatWallet, MrRebates, topcashback, or bigcrumbs depending on who offers the largest rebates for the merchants you want to shop.

Last edited by docr775; Jul 23, 2012 at 1:23 pm Reason: minor correction
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by docr775

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrer...sUGtjLTQ%3D%3D

Once you do, click on the Avis link and it will take you to the Avis website to book your reservation. Once your reservation is complete, you will collect 3% cash back via EBATES. 3% is not much but it ads up. Here is a snapshot of what has posted to my EBATES account since March 15:
Thanks! Can't believe I didn't know about this earlier!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.