Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Bonus DEQ12: registerable, no details - what is it? [It's DEQ11]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (1MM), QF GOLD

Does anyone know how this promotion works......DEQ12?

===============MODERATOR NOTE=================

This appears merely to be AA's promo code for the extension of DEQ11 as follows (see post #33) and

Originally Posted by IflyonAA
DEQ12 is Double EQMs and Double AA Miles for residents of TX, IL and CA - until 3/31/12.

Just had a definitive answer from AA Customer Services.
Please discuss the DEQ11/12 promo in the existing thread: Bonus DEQ11: DEQM - Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO (TX, IL, CA members)

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 25, 2012 at 11:38 am Reason: mod note
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
redacted
Actually, I wonder how far in advance these promos are finalized. Is AA marketing following a detailed long term plan or are the promos being fine tuned right up through their implementation based on current load and booking info?

Based on the number of promos that get extended or revised after their release, I would guess the latter.

Has someone registered for it yet?

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 25, 2012 at 11:41 am Reason: redacted deleted post content
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
http://www.aa.com/offers

type DEQ12

maybe it gives 4x EQM/RDM lol
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:28 am

I registered for it and got a confirmation email, but I don't know what I registered for.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:40 am

Remembering that it is very late and I am very tired, I think it would be hilarious if it effectively dis-enrolled people from DEQ11 and DEQAA.

Perhaps the reason I find the idea humorous is that I'll have >150,000 EQMs by the end of 2012 and can afford to lose the ~30,000 from DEQAA.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Smile

Originally Posted by Krazyglue
I registered for it and got a confirmation email, but I don't know what I registered for.
Same
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Panamajon513
Same
Its called the Deny Elite Qualification for 2012 (aka Beware its a Flyertalker).

Best way to gather a list of people to keep check on hahaha

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Remembering that it is very late and I am very tired, I think it would be hilarious if it effectively dis-enrolled people from DEQ11 and DEQAA.

Perhaps the reason I find the idea humorous is that I'll have >150,000 EQMs by the end of 2012 and can afford to lose the ~30,000 from DEQAA.
^^^^
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:23 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I think this might be the rumoured extension of DEQ11.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:46 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by uxb
I think this might be the rumoured extension of DEQ11.
If that's the case, certainly no reason for us to register. This year we'll need extra EQM like a hole in the head. If it comes with extra RDM (unlikely) that could be a reason.

Cheers.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:49 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by brp
If that's the case, certainly no reason for us to register. This year we'll need extra EQM like a hole in the head. If it comes with extra RDM (unlikely) that could be a reason.

Cheers.
Perhaps it is no reason for you to register, but it is a reason for some of us (read: me) who fall short of 100k EQM in Jan. Plus, if there is DRDM like in DEQ11, then those always help offset the cost of the ridiculously expensive trips to YUL.

Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
You don't want to try for Presidential Platinum by getting 200k EQMs, they should get space available complimentary upgrades on international flights?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:54 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
You don't want to try for Presidential Platinum by getting 200k EQMs, they should get space available complimentary upgrades on international flights?
Actually, it gets me a laurel...and hearty handshake

Cheers.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by brp
Actually, it gets me a laurel...and hearty handshake

Cheers.
And a s@#$load of dimes
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
I signed up without knowing the promo detail.
Calling the EXP desk will help ?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Keep in mind folks that some promos when you register are not combinable with other promos, so it's certainly worth waiting to see wha tthe actual details are of the offer before you go register.

Years back there was a United promo that was non-combinable and when you had previously registered for a conflicting non-combinable promo, the new promo would trump the old promo (the new promo wasn't as attractive as the old promo, which caused a lot of grief). Not suggesting AA has any history of this (I'm not sure), but it has happened in the past in other programs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.