Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alec Baldwin apparently kicked off AA flight at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Alec Baldwin apparently kicked off AA flight at LAX

http://gothamist.com/2011/12/06/alec...t_been_kic.php

Baldwin, tweeting away "Flight attendant on American reamed me out 4 playing WORDS W FRIENDS while we sat at the gate, not moving. #nowonderamericaairisbankrupt"

Also tweeting #Theresalwaysunited

Good for AA to enforce the cell phone rule. This moron doesn't get an exception because he's a "celebrity."^
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Love It

Originally Posted by demkr

Baldwin, tweeting away "Flight attendant on American reamed me out 4 playing WORDS W FRIENDS while we sat at the gate, not moving. #nowonderamericaairisbankrupt"

Good for AA to enforce the cell phone rule. This moron doesn't get an exception because he's a "celebrity."^
Love it. I just might starting flying AA.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:45 pm

I thought all of the real celebs had moved to Virgin America and Air New Zealand?

Hmm, perhaps I've answered my own question.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
So much for "no hassles"!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:48 pm

[url]
You do realize that not one study has ever shown that cell phones can hurt a plane?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum

I see your point. On the other hand, it probably doesn't help AA's bottom line to piss off celebrities. Don't they tend to buy expensive tickets?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by luigi1988
You do realize that not one study has ever shown that cell phones can hurt a plane?
How is that relevant? Does it excuse someone from following the rules? He probably mouthed off to the FA when she asked him to turn it off.

Originally Posted by UALpremier
I see your point. On the other hand, it probably doesn't help AA's bottom line to piss off celebrities. Don't they tend to buy expensive tickets?
By that standard, the argument is that anyone who buys an expensive ticket should be exempt from an FAA regulation...I don't think so
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Also being reported here:
http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/06/alec-b...-with-friends/
It's unclear if Baldwin was removed from the plane or left voluntarily -- but he DID get off the plane and was moved to another flight.
I don't know ... probably a super cranky flight attendant on a power trip...at least based on the information that's out there. We've certainly all run into those.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Mythbusters Top 10: Mobile Phones on a Plane
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
He probably mouthed off to the FA when she asked him to turn it off.
Or maybe he just asked for orange juice while putting away his device . . .
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Yes, that is true, but it has been proven cell phones impair one's mental abilities (people walking into fountains, crossing against the light, etc.). I've been on enough trips I can probably cite the FA announcement verbatim. However, I do believe there are people that need to pay attention to what's being said, and given they don't even after being told many times just proves my point.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Well, he's now taken to Twitter to bash AA and make sexist comments about the FA's.

http://www.twitter.com/AlecBaldwin

Hollywood media will be on this one fast. lol
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Well, he's now taken to Twitter to bash AA and make sexist comments about the FA's.

http://www.twitter.com/AlecBaldwin

Hollywood media will be on this one fast. lol
Sigh, another celebrity I'm going to have to curb my enthusiasm about. I used to like him. Then again, I used to like Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson too.

Maybe I need a taste transplant. (Though I think Clive Owen and Colin Firth are unlikely to be as bad as any of the three above, and they're my two current favorite actors.)
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:21 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Jeez how many times do we have to go over the cell phone thing. If they really caused issues, they would be outright banned from being carried on. Do you really think everyone really turns their phones off when they put them away? The avionics and flight systems are more than capable of dealing with the interference from all sorts of electronic devices. Even pilots in the cockpit leave them on (this confirmed by numerous airline pilots)!

The FCC, on the other hand, doesn't like people trying to use their cell phones from 35000 feet. They tend to pick up too many ground stations (versus the one that you get when you are actually ON the ground).

But, if Alec was using the phone after the door closed, and even after a polite reminder, then he's just a pompous jerk. But that behavior doesn't limit itself to hollywood celebs. We see it all the time with any average Joe....
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List

This was probably the same FA who in an EXTREMELY rude fashion asked me to turn off my phone just as the announcement to turn off phones was beginning to be said in the PA. I showed her I was saying good bye and she proceeded to say how she wanted it off and not for me to say good bye. I thought about writing to AA about how rude she was, then they went bankrupt and I figured it was not worth it anymore as it would probably fall on deaf ears.
PS.I know I had to turn off the phone, it was just the FA's attitude - even the flyers around me were shocked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.