Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

We are trapped. Plane in tornado (STL Apr 22, 2011; field now reopened)

Old Apr 22, 2011, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA

We are trapped in plane. Stl to ord flight 699. We were in tornado. Need help. Airport vehicles overturned. Plane moved. We are scared. Crews can't get to us. Too much debris.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
Scary if true!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by sambb
We are trapped in plane. Stl to ord flight 699. We were in tornado. Need help. Airport vehicles overturned. Plane moved. We are scared. Crews can't get to us. Too much debris.

Can we call someone?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by donjo
Scary if true!
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Storm...120523519.html

ST. LOUIS (KMOV) Brutal storms that whipped through north St. Louis County Friday night caused extensive damage to St. Louis Lambert International Airport.

Airport spokesperson Jeff Lea says high winds caused the glass to break and blow into Concourse C and Terminal One on the upper floors. Minor injuries were reported.

A News 4 viewer also reported damage as seen through an airport photo showing a vehicle dangling over a parking garage wall.

There are also reports of damage to other vehicles in the airport parking lots. Emergency vehicles are on the scene.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:00 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
It might be a while!

RT @BreakingNews: Report: All windows at STL St. Louis, Mo., main terminal have blown away, with extensive roof damage - Stormchaser
and

RT @BreakingNews: Update: Air Guard building damaged, cars flipped, buildings hit at STL. Semis stand on end in Dellwood, Mo - TWC
Just glad you're still ok...good luck getting to a gate soon. Just be patient
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:01 pm
FTW

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
St. Louis Tornado

Lambert took a direct hit by a tornado. National Guard building was damaged...windows have been blown out...multiple vehicles overturned.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:02 pm

Weather channel says storm has "reorganized" , but it sounds like it is NE of St Louis now.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:03 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
try 911 on your cell...
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL Kryptonium & Diamond & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
I hope everyone is ok!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh my word. Only help I can provide is to send prayers. Hope you are safe.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I am so sorry. I am so glad it sounds like no one on your flight was injured.

The pictures, Tweets and breaking news reports from St Louis media out of Lambert tonight are awful. Some reports of the roof being torn off Terminal C and people being cut by flying glass when windows blown out. I am so sorry about your situation but if no one is injured that's truly a miracle. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope for a good resolution under the circumstances. Sounds like Lambert was hit by a tornado tonight
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K; WN A-List; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; National EE
I'm listening to the radio here in St. Louis. They are trying to get emergency crews to the planes on the ground. Someone on an aircraft is on the telephone with the radio station. They just made an onboard announcement that the crews are trying to make their way through the debris to get to the ACs.

Hold tight...
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Live coverage:
http://www.fox2now.com/news/livestreaming/
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K; WN A-List; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; National EE
There are reports that part of the roof of Concourse C was ripped off. The jetways are reported to be all destroyed. All windows in the main terminal were blown out. The National Guard building suffered major damage.

Another caller said they were deplaned shortly after the storm hit. They walked into Concourse C to see bunches of broken glass and blood on the seats and carpet.

The emergency crews have sent K9 crews to the airport -- hopefully only for precautionary reasons and not for people trapped in any structure.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

IT was me who called Kmox. We are trapped. Help

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.