Public evidence of possible changes to Million Miler Program?

Old Apr 21, 2011, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Public evidence of possible changes to Million Miler Program?

Whilst this is not (yet) on AA.com, the mobile site for AA.com (http://mobile.aa.com) now shows the following on the account summary page:
AAdvantage miles earned through select mileage activity count toward Million MilerSM status.
The Million Miler program rewards AAdvantage members with additional benefits when specific mileage thresholds are achieved.
To learn more, read about the Million Miler program

The link to read more about the program does not work.

It looks from this as if: (a) the program is here to stay, but (b) not all miles will count towards future million miler status attainments. The language suggests that it will be not just flown miles that count.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

8/24/11 This change has now been announced officially, effective December 1, 2011:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...12-1-11-a.html

N.B. When (if) an announcement is made by American Airlines about (or if there is other reliable evidence of) significant changes to the Million Miler / lifetime status program, we will be sure to add that ere and start a new thread (whilst closing this one with a referral link). For the time being there is still a lifetime Gold for 1 million miles earned from any source, and lifetime Platinum for 2M miles earned from any source.

4/28/11 - For recent information posted on TravelingBetter.com, see: http://www.travelingbetter.com/forum...ead.php?t=4922

5/20/11 - For a synopsis of current available information, see this FAQ entry: Does AA offer lifetime status?

dstan and JDiver
AA Forum Co-Moderators

Last edited by dstan; Aug 24, 2011 at 1:25 pm Reason: it's official
Old Apr 21, 2011, 3:12 am

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
I'm relatively close to my first Mil so however these changes are going to influence this program I was probably lucky to start early enough. Of course to get to 2MM/LT Platinum will be much harder then. If they only limit/eliminate CC spending then no problem for me, I dont have an AA card anyway.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 5:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
2MM glad I made it in the past couple of years; there have lots of rumors (and this one still is not clear) but getting that hurdle done with, is a big relief for me
Old Apr 21, 2011, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
2MM glad I made it in the past couple of years; there have lots of rumors (and this one still is not clear) but getting that hurdle done with, is a big relief for me
I have just got over the 1MM threshold, but agree entirely. Doubtless all will become clearer soon.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:33 am

Under "My Account", I now have two different "View My Miles" sections: one of these shows credit card miles and the other does not. Don't know if this is just a mistake or if it means there is now a point in keeping track of the two different numbers... I'll go check other accounts to see if the same applies there.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:36 am

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Damn

I am about 500K away (180K away if I move my starwood in as planned)

I wish I knew:
What will count
Does current program mileage become your "starting point"
When this change happens

I would hate to move all my starwood over and find out that I either missed some deadline or the counter doesn't start from your current mileage.

Also, I really hope BankDirect miles count. I had line of sight to 2MM.

Dan

PS: Did they move the program to date miles to a different spot on the AAdvantage account page?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by danorum

PS: Did they move the program to date miles to a different spot on the AAdvantage account page?
Yes, bottom of list now. All of our accounts now show 2 "View My Miles".
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Are you saying that where there are tabs for "view my miles" and "view my upgrades" you now have another tab? I don't.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Under "My Account", I now have two different "View My Miles" sections: one of these shows credit card miles and the other does not. Don't know if this is just a mistake or if it means there is now a point in keeping track of the two different numbers... I'll go check other accounts to see if the same applies there.
Originally Posted by danorum
I am about 500K away (180K away if I move my starwood in as planned)

I wish I knew:
What will count
Does current program mileage become your "starting point"
When this change happens

I would hate to move all my starwood over and find out that I either missed some deadline or the counter doesn't start from your current mileage.

Also, I really hope BankDirect miles count. I had line of sight to 2MM.

Dan

My account page looks the same, except that Program-to-Date Miles has moved to the bottom of the summary (IIRC it used to be at the top). My partner is at 1.5MM; this could be a big setback.

I see only a single View My Miles tab on both accounts. AA's antiquated systems are probably phasing this change in slowly.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Once again the rumor mill begins it's monthly churn...
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:01 am

It is not the View My Miles tab; I see 2 View My Miles sections when I scroll down on the main account page (the miles page).
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by pkerr
This seems to be more than a rumor.
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
It is not the View My Miles tab; I see 2 View My Miles sections when I scroll down on the main account page (the miles page).
Mine looks the same as always. Did you have flight and non-flight activity during the period and are they separated? Mine are combined as usual.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Gold
740K here. I personally would care little if CC miles were eliminated; just allow my double miles from EXP to count!
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by pkerr
The appearance of 2 sections of view my miles, one with credit card amounts and the without (although it still lists the credit card), is fact, not rumor. As to what it means...
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by vasantn
This seems to be more than a rumor.
Mine looks the same as always. Did you have flight and non-flight activity during the period and are they separated? Mine are combined as usual.
Mine had no flight activity. Also, just noticed the Ending Balances are different.

View My Miles

Date Transaction Description* Mileage Bonus Total
Starting Balance nnn,nnn
04/18/11 MASTERCARD PURCH 1000 0 1000
Total Miles Posted 1000 0 1000
ENDING BALANCE nnn,nnn
Request Credit
* The single letter code that appears with flight activity under Transaction Description indicates the ticketed cabin. Booking codes, which indicate the fare paid, can be found on your airline ticket.

Date Transaction Description* Mileage
Starting Balance 0
04/18/11 MASTERCARD PURCH 0
Total Miles Posted 0
ENDING BALANCE ** 0
* The single letter code that appears with flight activity under Transaction Description indicates the ticketed cabin. Booking codes, which indicate the fare paid, can be found on your airline ticket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.