Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Bonus LASF2: DEQM - Double EQM/RDM for DFW-LAX/SFO - & Giveaways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:16 am
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond

Note: The registration link on the referenced page may not work for you. Just go to the "Offers" page and manually enter the code.

Just fly round-trip on American Airlines on our nonstop flights between DFW and Los Angeles or between DFW and San Francisco from November 29, 2010 through February 28, 2011. You'll earn double flight miles AND double elite-qualifying miles, the miles that bring you closer to AAdvantage elite status membership - at an accelerated rate. With 16 flights each business day between Dallas/Fort Worth and Los Angeles, and 9 flights each business day between Dallas/Fort Worth and San Francisco, we can take you where you need to be, when you need to be there.

Register for this special offer prior to travel to qualify, by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATORS' NOTE

1/7/11 - The first posting of double EQM has now been reported by sica4, for the DFW-LAX segments of ORD-DFW-LAX-DFW-ORD - Post #364
1/29/11 - The second posting of double EQM has now been reported by kw335 and others - Post #466, and the double RDM have begun posting on 1/30/11, as reported by demkr and others - Post #497
2/27/11 - The third posting of double EQM has begun for some members, with inconsistent end dates in late February - Post #779
3/13/11 - The fourth and final posting of double EQM has begun - Post #839

The wording in both e-mail and web page describing the DEQM portion of the offer is ambiguous, and information given by a number of AA agents is equally ambiguous, and sometimes contradictory. AmericanAirlines has taken the time and effort to verify the rules up the ladder at AA (Post #113; Post #256), and portions have also been independently verified on TravelingBetter.com (Post). Based on current information (Dec 7, 2010), the following parameters apply:

1) Must be a round-trip itinerary, originating and terminating in the same city or co-terminal, booked under a single reservation number. No open jaw or circle itineraries allowed. One round-trip per reservation.

2) The only segments that will accrue double EQM are DFW-LAX, LAX-DFW, DFW-SFO, and SFO-DFW. Other segments in the same itinerary will accrue normal, single EQM.

3) Itinerary does not need to originate/terminate in DFW, LAX, or SFO.

4) Itinerary must include travel in both directions through DFW-LAX or in both directions through DFW-SFO.

Examples of eligible itineraries given:

SFO-DFW-LGA-DFW-SFO
AUS-DFW-SFO-DFW-AUS
LGA-DFW-LAX-DFW-LGA

Examples of ineligible itineraries given:

LGA-DFW-LAX-ORD-LGA (does not return through LAX-DFW)

In addition, AmericanAirlines has been told that AA will put out clarifying communications to their agents giving them guidance on the proper information.

Link to aa.com. - OFFER IS LASF2

Terms and Conditions as of 12/6/10:
Terms and Conditions:
AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between DFW and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) from November 29, 2010, through February 28, 2011. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal. Open jaws and circle trips are not eligible. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2010 will count towards your 2011 membership year. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year. This offer does not increment the member's elite qualifying points or segments. Double elite-qualifying miles and double flight miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned for the flights between DFW and Los Angeles or between DFW and San Francisco only. Promotional miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.
LASF2

1/25/2011
- AA has, at last, posted a FAQ regarding this promotion with some specific examples, consistent with what has already been posted in this thread: http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/LAXSFO_A112910_FAQ.jsp
Q: Are round trips that originate or terminate somewhere other than DFW, Los Angeles or San Francisco eligible for this promotion?
A: Yes, as long as your trip includes travel on our nonstop flight between DFW and Los Angeles or San Francisco in both directions, you will be eligible for this promotion (excluding trips that include an open jaw or circle trips). Please note that only the portion of the trip between DFW and Los Angeles or San Francisco will earn the double elite qualifying miles and double flight miles.

Here are a few examples of eligible trips:
Austin - DFW - Los Angeles and returning Los Angeles - DFW - Austin
Reno - Los Angeles - DFW and returning DFW - Los Angeles - Reno
DFW - Los Angeles and returning Los Angeles - DFW
San Francisco - DFW and returning DFW - San Francisco

Here are a few examples of ineligible trips:
Austin - DFW - Los Angeles and returning San Francisco - DFW - Austin
DFW - Los Angeles with no return flight
DFW - San Francisco, then San Francisco - DFW - Boston, then Boston - DFW - Seattle

Q: If I fly round-trip from Portland - DFW - Los Angeles and return, will I receive double miles and double elite qualifying miles for the entire trip?
A: No, you will receive double flight miles and double elite qualifying miles for the DFW - Los Angeles and Los Angeles - DFW portions of the trip only.

Q: If I fly an eligible round-trip during 2010, but the flights don't post to my account until 2011, which elite membership year will my double elite qualifying miles count toward?
A: The actual travel date of your eligible trip determines which membership year your bonus elite qualifying miles count towards, just like the elite qualifying miles you earn normally. If your travel is completed during 2010 (regardless of the date your flights are posted), it will count towards your 2011 membership year (March 1, 2011 through Feb 28, 2012). If your travel is completed during 2011, it will count towards your 2012 membership year (March 1, 2012 through Feb 28, 2013).

Q: If I fly half of an eligible trip during 2010 and the other half of the trip during 2011, which elite membership year will my double elite qualifying miles count toward?
A: Since the actual travel date of your eligible trip determine which membership year your bonus elite qualifying miles are applied to, the portion of the trip flown in 2010 would count towards your 2011 membership year and the portion of the trip flown in 2011 would count towards your 2012 membership year.

Q: How will I know when the double flight miles and double elite qualifying miles have posted to my account?
A: If you are subscribed to either our AAdvantage eSummary or AAirmail email products, we will notify you via email when your double flight miles and double elite qualifying miles have posted to your account. Once they have been posted, you will be able to view your double flight miles on your transaction summary on AA.com in conjunction with each eligible round-trip. Your double elite qualifying miles will be added to your total Elite Qualifying Miles - you will not see a separate transaction on your summary statement.

Q: When will my double elite qualifying miles and double flight miles post to my account?
A: Your double elite qualifying miles and double flight miles will be posted on a monthly basis. Since we know our members are very concerned about qualifying for elite status for the 2011 membership year, we will be posting your double elite qualifying miles and double flight miles on January 2 and January 5 in order to alleviate any concerns you may have about qualifying or re-qualifying for next year. An email will be sent out on January 7th with the total number of miles posted. Additional posting dates will be provided as soon as they are available.
/Moderators

Last edited by dstan; Mar 14, 2011 at 7:10 pm Reason: fourth and final batch posting
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:24 am
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
15 Days Of Giveaways

Starting December 1, our '15 Days of Giveaways' promotion will surprise customers on select mystery flights between Dallas/Fort Worth and San Francisco and between Dallas/Fort Worth and Los Angeles. And, as a special thank you, we are also providing the opportunity for AAdvantage members to increase their mileage balance and qualify for AAdvantage elite status faster than ever! With 16 flights each business day between Dallas/Fort Worth and Los Angeles and 9 flights each business day between Dallas/Fort Worth and San Francisco, we can take you where you need to be, when you need to be there.

As a special thank you to our AAdvantage members, you can earn double elite qualifying miles and double flight miles every time you fly round-trip on American Airlines nonstop flights between Dallas/Fort Worth and San Francisco or Los Angeles beginning November 29, 2010, through February 28, 2011. To qualify, register prior to travel and obtain complete details here.

Link to aa.com.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Priority Club Platinum
Two days before VX start operations on these routes, and this is the best they can come up with? Not complaining, as can take advantage of it, just was expecting something more....
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
and the battle with Virgin America begins...
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Avis PC
AA and VX battling it out is good. We got DEQM now and hopefully better prices on this route in the future.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Its actually great considering it carries through into next year! Thumbs up. I assume the sfo-dfw can be a connecting segment?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: AA PLT,1.4MM
This will be a good start to requalifying for 2012. The nice thing about DFW is any flight in the network can be routed through DFW from LA. Looks like all my flights through the end of this promotion will be connecting through DFW on 2 separate PNRs.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt, SPG Platinum
Does anyone have the registration code? I can't find it on the email or on the website and my "register" button from the email doesn't seem to be working correctly as the OP mentions.

EDIT: Found it. Please disregard.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:37 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
So far, the lowest I'm seeing is $279 RT a/i for same day turns from DFW-LAX/SFO in Jan and Feb...
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: AA PLT,1.4MM
Originally Posted by demkr
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Its actually great considering it carries through into next year! Thumbs up. I assume the sfo-dfw can be a connecting segment?
If that's the case, no need to have separate PNRs if connecting though, that would make it even easier!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIA
Me Likey!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by JAFU007
Me Likey!
me to... the aus->dfw->sfo segment will be nice for my jan and feb trips to cali.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by demkr

No sure why connecting segments are OK? Promotion wording is pretty clear to me, It is based on RT between DFW and SFO or LAX on nonstop flights.

Example: AUS-DFW-LAX-DFW-AUS is RT between AUS and LAX not a RT between DFW and LAX.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:59 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
<Deleted until further research is done.>
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:01 am

Dallas Mileage Run options - LAX/SFO

As an AAdvantageŽ member, we want you to be among the first to know about a new promotion that can help you qualify or re-qualify for AAdvantage GoldŽ, AAdvantage PlatinumŽ or AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ status faster than ever and add to your mileage balance at the same time.

Beginning November 29, 2010, through February 28, 2011, you can earn double elite qualifying miles and double flight miles for round-trip travel on American Airlines nonstop flights from Dallas/Fort Worth to San Francisco or Los Angeles. With nine flights each business day from Dallas/Fort Worth to San Francisco, and 16 flights each business day to Los Angeles, we can take you where you need to be, when you need to be there. To qualify, simply register prior to travel.

In addition, starting December 1, we are launching a '15 Days of Giveaways' promotion with fun and unexpected surprises on mystery flights between Dallas/Fort Worth and Los Angeles or San Francisco with giveaways such as American Airlines gift cards, AAdvantage miles and more!

Thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you onboard soon.

Terms and Conditions:
AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between DFW and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) from November 29, 2010, through February 28, 2011. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal. Open jaws and circle trips are not eligible. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2010 will count towards your 2011 membership year. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year. This offer does not increment the member's elite qualifying points or segments. Double elite-qualifying miles and double flight miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned for the flights between DFW and Los Angeles or between DFW and San Francisco only. Promotional miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.