Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

MULT0 / MULT1 - 3k miles for 3/6 hotel stays, then 1k mi per stay, up to 10K mi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MULT0 / MULT1 - 3k miles for 3/6 hotel stays, then 1k mi per stay, up to 10K mi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by izzik
Seriously? This is a hotel promotion, not airline.
No, actually this is an AA promotion, for people who choose to credit their hotel stay away from the hotel chain and too AA.

It's not end of the world, but I'd prefer it if when you register it says "you are not eligible" rather than saying thank you for registering and then in theory not getting anything. Though I am going to bet that anyone who registered will get it anyway
Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
No, actually this is an AA promotion, for people who choose to credit their hotel stay away from the hotel chain and too AA.

It's not end of the world, but I'd prefer it if when you register it says "you are not eligible" rather than saying thank you for registering and then in theory not getting anything. Though I am going to bet that anyone who registered will get it anyway
I understand it's an AA promotion.. my point was that it's ridiculous that someone would stop flying AA because they didn't get the dinky hotel promo they wanted.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
I understand it's an AA promotion.. my point was that it's ridiculous that someone would stop flying AA because they didn't get the dinky hotel promo they wanted.
Often-times it's the last small straw that breaks the camel's back....
Old Sep 9, 2010, 4:00 pm
Company Representative - American Airlines

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by gemac
Hi, Stephen:

Thanks for agreeing to answer questions. My question is this: How did AA select the AAdvantage members who were targeted to receive this offer?
Hi gemac, as stated earlier, each e-mail sent out was directed toward a carefully selected audience based on their "fit" with the specific criteria. However, members are still able to earn bonus miles at specific hotels if they have chosen AAdvantage miles as their earning preference within the hotel program. For your reference, you can find all of the bonus offers here: http://www.aadvantageconnections.com/hotels.aspx

Thanks again for your questions, and would love to help out with any more you might have!

Stephen @ AA
Old Sep 9, 2010, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AmericanAirlines
Hi gemac, as stated earlier, each e-mail sent out was directed toward a carefully selected audience based on their "fit" with the specific criteria.

Thanks again for your questions, and would love to help out with any more you might have!

Stephen @ AA
Hi, Stephen: There have been several members here who have expressed disappointment at not being targeted. I think they might understand better if you could outline the specific criteria and the intended purpose of the promo.

As an example, it might be AAdvantage members who have not earned AAdvantage miles via hotel stays in the last 12 months. The purpose of the promo would be to get these members to switch their hotel accounts to award AAdvantage miles instead of hotel points, hoping that once they tried that they would like it enough that they would not be moved to switch it back.

Or, it might be something else we don't know of. My theory is that the more we know about AAdvantage and its efforts to attract/retain us as customers, the better we will like AAdvantage.

Thanks for any guidance you can give.

gemac @ home
Old Sep 9, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
Hi, Stephen: There have been several members here who have expressed disappointment at not being targeted. I think they might understand better if you could outline the specific criteria and the intended purpose of the promo.

As an example, it might be AAdvantage members who have not earned AAdvantage miles via hotel stays in the last 12 months. The purpose of the promo would be to get these members to switch their hotel accounts to award AAdvantage miles instead of hotel points, hoping that once they tried that they would like it enough that they would not be moved to switch it back.

Or, it might be something else we don't know of. My theory is that the more we know about AAdvantage and its efforts to attract/retain us as customers, the better we will like AAdvantage.

gemac @ home
Very good point!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:50 am

gemac @ home
Sure, no problem. American frequently segments our AAdvantage members based on travel behavior and other attributes to test different offers that our members might find valuable. Unfortunately, we don’t disclose specific targeting criteria for any campaigns.

Nonetheless, I hope this helps & would still be happy to answer any questions you might have moving forward!

Stephen @ AA
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:09 am

Stephen -thanks for the interaction. This is a real positive step compared to prior very bland contributions from AA. I am of course not surprised you can't reveal the "secret sauce" of how you target people for offers, though I would think the assumption that you are targetting folks who may not be using a particular function you want to boost seems safe enough.

Just remember to throw in some promos for the truly loyal flyers too. When do we ever get an EXP-only promo for example? That would be a nice thank you for the top tier
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:54 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Stephen -thanks for the interaction. This is a real positive step compared to prior very bland contributions from AA. I am of course not surprised you can't reveal the "secret sauce" of how you target people for offers
+1
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Exactly what I was getting at ... if they're able to tell that you've not been targeted while awarding points, they should also be able to tell that you've not been targeted while registering for the promo. Just seems shoddy that you can successfully register and at the same time "not successfully register."
Old Sep 11, 2010, 11:42 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by ramalama8
Exactly what I was getting at ... if they're able to tell that you've not been targeted while awarding points, they should also be able to tell that you've not been targeted while registering for the promo. Just seems shoddy that you can successfully register and at the same time "not successfully register."
By the same token, if the end user has not received an invitation email, then they should be able to tell that they are not targeted. As the T&C you posted early in the thread state: "This offer is non-transferable." they would then know that attempting to participate in the promo is at their own risk, regardless of ability to register.

I'm just happy that AA offers such a wide range of promos. @:-) Personally, I'd rather have them focus on continuing to develop these promos, rather than worrying about tweaking the IT response to non-targeted registrants.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Whilst I won't whine about not getting something I wasn't entitled to in the first place, I do agree that a message saying I wasn't elgible would have been better.

In any case, thanks to AA for informing us. Based on this I just switched back my upcoming 12 nights (in the next 5 weeks) from AA to BD.

UTA
Old Sep 13, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Hi,

What if we registered for both MULT0 and MULT1, but were sent/targeted MULT1? Do we need to do anything, or will the email we targeted automatically take precedence.

Thanks
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by demkr
Hi,

What if we registered for both MULT0 and MULT1, but were sent/targeted MULT1? Do we need to do anything, or will the email we targeted automatically take precedence.

Thanks
Good question, demkr. As long as you registered for the targeted promotion for which you are eligible, you are all set.
The registration for any ineligible promotions will be discarded without impacting the right one.

Thanks for asking, and happy to answer any additional questions you might have.

Stephen @ AA
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:07 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by UTA_flyinghigh
Whilst I won't whine about not getting something I wasn't entitled to in the first place, I do agree that a message saying I wasn't elgible would have been better.
^^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.