Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold

So I made a purchase during the bonus period (magazines.com), and the miles that posted were without the bonus. I know other people who purchased at a similar time and got the bonus, following the same process for making the purchase.

I then sent an email to AAdvantage e-shopping, and they "fixed" it by re-posting the same, wrong, amount. I then sent another email and was asked for some details. After providing those a month ago, I haven't heard back. Sent a chaser, haven't heard back.

How do I get hold of someone at AAdvantage to fix this? I can't find a phone contact for e-shopping, and I really have half a mind to cancel the entire order because I'm fed up of trying to contact them! Any advice?
clkling likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:34 am

iTunes is back on the AAdvantage Eshopping store, and at 3 miles per dollar to boot.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: AA, BA, SPG Gold
I made 6-7 purchases over the holidays and only got credit for 1... Which I did return and the points were removed. Nothing for the other purchases. I definitely went through the eShopping portal. I looked at the eShopping transactions today and, of course, the only transaction showing in the last 90 days was the one I returned and they took back the points I contacted Aadvantage shopping and now I have to supply them with all the receipts, etc. Has anyone gotten their points after sending in the receipts? Thanks

Last edited by slhansen219; Feb 1, 2014 at 8:00 am
Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by ung1

How do I get hold of someone at AAdvantage to fix this? I can't find a phone contact for e-shopping, and I really have half a mind to cancel the entire order because I'm fed up of trying to contact them! Any advice?
You don't. AA totally disavows any responsibility with regard to Cartera and their unreliability - and that's how its been for years. People have threatened, sued, and still never were made whole from Cartera.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Ritz
You don't. AA totally disavows any responsibility with regard to Cartera and their unreliability - and that's how its been for years. People have threatened, sued, and still never were made whole from Cartera.
A Cartera representative on FT saw my post and contacted me to look into it. Hopefully they're able to resolve it soon.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: Several
This might have been answered previously, but does Cartera still offer miles for in-store purchases? There used to be a limited list of places that one could earn miles for in-store purchases (Jos Bank, PF Changs, Sunglass Hut).

When I check the website now, they don't appear to be available anymore.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 5:53 pm

Is there any way to get thru to someone "higher up" at Cartera, rather than just the AAdvantage e-shopping "contact us" link (which is a joke)? I have contacted them 4 times now about a purchase that was made in Sept. 2013. Each time I get a "canned" response/form letter, promising that they will " .....look into the matter and get back to me shortly ....." My claim is legit, and I have sent them requested documentation twice now. I really want these miles, because it was over 2,000 for a "come back to us" promotion. This is EXACTLY the reason I stopped shopping with AAdvantage e/shopping.

Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:29 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by nittfan
Is there any way to get thru to someone "higher up" at Cartera, rather than just the AAdvantage e-shopping "contact us" link (which is a joke)? I have contacted them 4 times now about a purchase that was made in Sept. 2013. Each time I get a "canned" response/form letter, promising that they will " .....look into the matter and get back to me shortly ....." My claim is legit, and I have sent them requested documentation twice now. I really want these miles, because it was over 2,000 for a "come back to us" promotion. This is EXACTLY the reason I stopped shopping with AAdvantage e/shopping.

Thanks.
Try twitter or facebook. It works.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Try twitter or facebook. It works.
What do you suggest? I don't have a Facebook account, but do have twitter.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Finally got the AA bonus miles for Nov's portal spend promotion. It looks like this: ESHOP MALL JUMPSTART SPEND BNS

...and still waiting on the bonus miles from Dec's promo...
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by nall
iTunes is back on the AAdvantage Eshopping store, and at 3 miles per dollar to boot.
Confirmed and hooray!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
...and still waiting on the bonus miles from Dec's promo...
My Dec-promo purchase has just this week gone to "pending"--as "Spend $[xx] and get [x],000 miles". I would've thought that the original "shop til you drop" promo name would've been slightly less vague, but whatever...
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:59 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by nittfan
What do you suggest? I don't have a Facebook account, but do have twitter.
Then how about Twitter?
Bradhattan likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 6:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by songbird
My Dec-promo purchase has just this week gone to "pending"--as "Spend $[xx] and get [x],000 miles". I would've thought that the original "shop til you drop" promo name would've been slightly less vague, but whatever...
Just posted: ESHOP MALL FLASH SPEND BONUS

This looks to be the DEC promo. And it looks like Cartera once again under-counted my spend in the promo period. Pestering emails to follow...
Old Feb 18, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Anyone have issues with large purchases? I'm going to buy an $11-12k item from a 3 miles/$ store in a few weeks and I'm trying to choose a portal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.