Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New Year's Eve blues - 151 miles short of 100,000 because of uncredited BA flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Year's Eve blues - 151 miles short of 100,000 because of uncredited BA flight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.

I've never had a BA flight not credit properly before, but unfortunately the one that didn't is keeping me short of renewing my EXP status and (more urgently) my SWUs. I suspect (or hope?) that it's to do with AA's IT paroxysms earlier this month. But I wasn't able to request retro credit until December 23rd, and I have a bunch of flights in January I'm desperate to attempt to apply SWUs to (including LHR-JFK-GRU - the thought of doing that without the chance of upgrading makes me break out in a cold sweat). How quickly and painlessly are BA retrocredits usually processed? My AA number was definitely in my record, as my status was reflected in my boarding pass and the outbound portion was credited without a problem.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
it usually takes a couple of weeks after the request is submitted.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
The EXP desk has advanced me eVIP's in the past under "similar" circumstances. Might be worth a try??

Dave
Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by bseller
The EXP desk has advanced me eVIP's in the past under "similar" circumstances. Might be worth a try??

Dave
'advancing eVIPS' usually relates to one's "eagle ranking" but indeed - given how close the OP is right now and s/he's waiting for a miscredited flight, it is worth asking for an advance.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs

If I were in that situation, I would proactively call today and pay for the Renew/Boost. That would guarantee your SWUs for your "bunch" of January flights while they sort out the BA miles.

But then I am a "belt and suspenders" type of person when dealing with the airline. Murphy's Law rules.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I've had issues with my last two BA trips (LHR-STR-LHR) in November and December crediting. It took about 5 days after the last flight for the November trip to credit. For December, STR-LHR took about 10 days to credit and I'm still trying to get credit for the outbound LHR-STR flight that was a week earlier.

Super frustrating, but at least enough credited to hit the 100k.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
PM sent
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM
I'm also sitting on uncredited BA flights... I don't have an urgent need to make EXP immediately, but I assume when they finally credit, they'll be counted for 2013 just fine?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by smachiz
I'm also sitting on uncredited BA flights... I don't have an urgent need to make EXP immediately, but I assume when they finally credit, they'll be counted for 2013 just fine?
Keep an eye on it, but, yes, flights flown in 2013 credit for 2013.

Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
If I were in that situation, I would proactively call today and pay for the Renew/Boost. That would guarantee your SWUs for your "bunch" of January flights while they sort out the BA miles.

But then I am a "belt and suspenders" type of person when dealing with the airline. Murphy's Law rules.
So you'd "proactively" pay hundreds of dollars for something that wasn't your fault before even calling to see whether they can bump you up in anticipation of the miles posting?!?!?!

Then again, I've always thought a belt and suspenders was one of the greatest fashion faux pas one can commit, and if one's trousers fit properly either one is mostly for looks anyhow…
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
If I were in that situation, I would proactively call today and pay for the Renew/Boost.
That's ridiculous.

OP, call AAdvantage Customer Service. I suspect they will expedite credit and SWU posting in order to make things right for you.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
That's ridiculous.

OP, call AAdvantage Customer Service. I suspect they will expedite credit and SWU posting in order to make things right for you.
Just for the OP's information, AAdvCS is closed today and tomorrow.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
So you'd "proactively" pay hundreds of dollars for something that wasn't your fault before even calling to see whether they can bump you up in anticipation of the miles posting?!?!?!
Her advice most certainly needs to be taken with a massive grain of salt.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
That's ridiculous.

It's even more ridiculous since the offer isn't even available for purchase until January…

Also, I was thinking about the previous year's retention prices, and had forgotten that the EXP boost this year will cost $1,199, which is a triply ridiculous amount since everything will probably sort itself out within a couple of days.

Doing a MR today is less ridiculous by comparison .
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: LT : AA 1.4MM, UA 0.4MM. Curr : AA EXP, UA gen
Holiday Greetings,

Been in similar shoes, being that you have indeed crossed the 100k marks, t,he eViPs are yours, what remains is IT/admin formalities.

In the end if no action were taken, believe they would assign you EXP, as they seem to allow a 0.5% mileage threshold grace.

In my case, I was past the threshold mid-year but sweep had not updated eVip count.
I called US Exp line, and was fixed in 30', along with applying the newly minted vip, YMMV.

I suggest 2 routes,
1. Call EXP line, probably also need CS, and explain the missing credit (YMMV lately)
2. Submit missing credit request via web (slower)
(3) 151mile MR ��

Gool luck,
Hope you get the 77W in J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.