Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > America West FlightFund (Pre-2005 US Airways merger)
Reload this Page >

Late Spring?? (The unofficial 'Latest scoop on the program merger' thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Late Spring?? (The unofficial 'Latest scoop on the program merger' thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2006, 3:12 pm

New DM MasterCard

Where this delay really poses a huge problem is with the new DM MasterCard from Juniper Bank (Barclay's).

It is branded strictly as a US Airways MasterCard, though any enthusiest realized immediately that it was technically the new HP-branded card (as BOA still issues their US card).

Everyone who signed-up for the new card got a ton of bonus miles and continues to accrue miles from spending... into their FLIGHTFUND account.

That's fine for those of you who were always US West customers... for us US East customers who have miles sitting in our DM accounts and do not have enough miles in one, single account to redeem... this delay in merging systems means that those miles are essentially held hostage.

Since US never warned cardmembers that the miles accrued from the new card would go to FF and not become part of their existing DM balances for an indefinite period, US really screwed us.
Old May 8, 2006, 5:30 pm

1. You can specify either a FlightFund or Dividend Miles number for the Juniper M/C. I have my Dividend Miles number on it.
  2. You can transfer miles for free between FF and DM via Points.com on a 1:1 basis.
Old May 10, 2006, 5:59 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
America West Airlines Last Minute Specials Email

In the coming weeks, were consolidating Last Minute Specials and Weekend Specials into one new weekly e-mail called e-Saver. In the e-Saver e-mail youll get not only our lowest fares but also vacation deals, Dividend Miles updates, and mileage-earning opportunities. The new e-mail will have a slightly different look, but youll always be able to get the lowest fare right when you need it. Stay tuned!
Old May 11, 2006, 9:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
It was suggested that we make this a 'sticky thread' as a good place to capture the latest tidbits of information related to the upcoming merger of the HP Flight Fund and US Dividend Miles programs in the new Dividend Miles.

Until we have definitive details on timing, program specifics, etc., post what you've heard here in this thread, which will be locked in position at the top of the forum.
Old May 11, 2006, 10:07 am

http://www2.usairways.com/

http://www2.usairways.com/awa/content/welcome.aspx
Old May 11, 2006, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by alanh
  1. You can specify either a FlightFund or Dividend Miles number for the Juniper M/C. I have my Dividend Miles number on it.
    You can!? That is news to me. I just checked usairwaysinfo.com and it says:

Q: I am a member of both FlightFund and Dividend Miles. Will my accounts be merged?

A: In spring 2006, the combined airlines plan to merge active membership accounts and miles earned in both airlines’ programs will be combined into a single US Airways Dividend Miles account automatically. In the meantime, continue to accrue miles in either program.
    Sounds like I have to wait until the accounts are merged... which is precisely the concern I voiced... in the delay with merging accounts, my miles are held hostage.

Last edited by cptlflyer; May 11, 2006 at 1:07 pm
    Old May 11, 2006, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by cptlflyer
    Sounds like I have to wait until the accounts are merged... which is precisely the concern I voiced... in the delay with merging accounts, my miles are held hostage.
    Just go to points.com to swap from one program into the other. Check the link below if you need further clarification.

http://www.americawest.com/awa/conte...wardchart.aspx
    Old May 11, 2006, 3:39 pm

Redemption on Star Alliance airlines:

The Star Alliance™ network gives you the opportunity to redeem your miles to over 800 destinations worldwide! Redeeming your miles for travel on Star Alliance airlines is one of the many new benefits we will offer when FlightFund® merges into the new Dividend Miles® program in spring 2006.
    Until then, as a special benefit to our FlightFund members, we are offering the opportunity to transfer FlightFund miles into Dividend Miles. Your miles can then be redeemed for travel on Star Alliance member airlines. To use your miles to travel on Star Alliance airlines, just sign up for a Dividend Miles account, then follow these steps:

Visit www.points.com/usairways.com and create a points.com account, if you don’t already have one. Then, transfer your miles from your FlightFund account to your Dividend Miles account - for free!.
    Gee... it would be nice of US AIRWAYS would advertise this option on their site. I get that HP essentially acquired US... but, they kept the US brand, so from a customer service perspective, their emphasis should be on the US AIRWAYS branded site!
    Old May 11, 2006, 5:51 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
    Originally Posted by cptlflyer
    Latest info from the beta http://www2.usairways.com/awa/content/welcome.aspx :
    Are you a member of both FlightFund and Dividend Miles?
    Your accounts should be merged by early June. Until then, use the frequent flyer account with the highest Preferred status and most recent activity date. Once your accounts have been successfully merged, your surviving account number will be communicated to you.
    Old May 11, 2006, 6:29 pm

Rewards Network Changes

http://flightfund.idine.com now forwards over to a revised version of http://usairways.rewardsnetwork.com that matches the new website perfectly. It does look like the hotel booking with bonus miles that US offered has disappeared but otherwise is a nice improvement on the vintage versions of both sites ^

Below is the email I received today:

As a former member of FlightFund® Dining, you're now a member of Dividend Miles Dining. And the mileage benefits are just as sweet!

You don't have to do anything to keep earning your great mileage awards.
    Your dining program status, mileage awards, registered credit/debit cards, and dining Login ID (Username) and Password that you had with FlightFund Dining all remain the same. Just keep using them to earn Dividend Miles with your meals.

Great new web site features make it even easier to earn miles.
    Our new web site at usairways.rewardsnetwork.com makes it easy to search for participating locations and take advantage of special bonus opportunities. Log in now to use these "mileage-maximizing" features.

• Bonus Tab - One spot keeps you up-to-date on all the current bonus offers.
    • My Favorites - Keep a list of your favorite spots just a click away. For easy setup, log in and go to the My Accounts page.
    • My Addresses - Create a personalized directory to search for participating restaurants near your home, office, friend's house ... wherever you frequently visit. You'll find this nifty new feature on the My Accounts page once you log in.
    • Bars & Clubs - Search by this brand-new cuisine choice to find Bars & Clubs
    near you.
    Old May 12, 2006, 3:09 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
    Well I just got off the phone with a Platinum agent and she told me May 22nd is the date that the two programs will merge. Further:

1. You will keep either your DM number or your HP number depending on your mileage level. If you have 2K miles in your DM account and 100,000 in your HP account, you will retain your HP number for good.

2. May 22nd also indicates the last day the old US site will be accessible.

3. We will eventually get new cards, but a date hasn't been announced.

4. Our "new" statuses will be announced that day as well. I asked how, and she wasn't clear but indicated most information will be sent in advance via email or that day or thereafter by logging onto your account.

I don't know if this is new info for you all, but I hope it helps. It would be nice to know I bring more value to this board other than women who enjoy my humor or attire (in the greater Austin vicinity at least), hot pockets, Indian call center complaints, jungle jet complaints, and one who has trouble with certain pronnounciations of one Seattle-based airline ^

Ian
    Old May 12, 2006, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
    Well I just got off the phone with a Platinum agent and she told me May 22nd is the date that the two programs will merge.
    I know the horse is dead on this one, but did the agent indicate that that will also be the date the miles flown on HP (er, US) equipment, can be credited to UA?

Thanks.
    Old May 12, 2006, 3:38 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
    Originally Posted by dsimon
    I know the horse is dead on this one, but did the agent indicate that that will also be the date the miles flown on HP (er, US) equipment, can be credited to UA?

Thanks.

Sorry, but I didn't get the chance or perhaps time to enquire. She was too busy telling me they are holding "X" amount of seats on my return iah-phx flight next Friday as to why my upgrade didn't clear
    Old May 12, 2006, 3:42 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman Starwood Gold Continental Platinum
    Originally Posted by enviroian
    Well I just got off the phone with a Platinum agent and she told me May 22nd is the date that the two programs will merge. Further:
    I can confirm that that is the correct 'target' date for the programs to be merged and the new website to launch.
    Old May 12, 2006, 11:30 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
    Originally Posted by SanDiegoShaun
    I can confirm that that is the correct 'target' date for the programs to be merged and the new website to launch.

If you look at the video, the magazine, etc.. it is all assuming that FlightFund already disappeared. Another thing, I actually like my US number 7 digits better than my long HP number.... but since I am CE on HP and Gold on US.. I guess I keep my HP number.. oh well...

I wonder if Agents will treat people differently since they can tell where you came from (legacy US vs legacy HP). Just more "strange" stuff to worry about.. I wish the numbers would all be similiar since we can get away from "our elites" vs "their elites" which I hear when flying US east.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.