Community
Wiki Posts
Search

upgrading as a US GP

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2005, 1:15 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
upgrading as a US GP

I recently booked EWR-PHX-SFO-LAS-EWR on usairways.com (all US-coded flights on HP metal). Having been warned repeatedly on these forums that despite the fact that usairways.com allows you to go through the motions in adding yourself to the upgrade queue for HP flight, nothing actually happens behind the scenes ... I phoned in to inquire about the upgrade.

First I called the US Gold line. They're response, wait till your 3 day window then call HP.

I thought that was an odd answer seeing as you're supposed to be waitlisted for an upgrade and clear automatically at the three day window.

Hung up, and called again (the only way to handle airline agents). This time they said they'd "transfer me" to someone who could put the upgrade through. After 2 transfers, I got someone at US who said they had "sent HP a note to put me in the queue"

HAHAHAHAHA

Anyway, after I stopped crying with laughter, I called HP. They said that "due to the way those flights are set up, you won't be able to upgrade until you arrive at the airport."

What the heck is going on here? Can any of you HP folks shed some light on this?
Old Dec 30, 2005, 2:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
There is an existing thread over in the US forum on this very topic, started by the same OP. Let's post comments there so that they are in one place:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506992

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.