Wiki Posts
Search

An outsider view on flying America West

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2005, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
An outsider view on flying America West

Just a report on an outsider trying to fly America West.

After a little drama with Frontier check Frontier forum and then the travel agent; tried booking online with America West, seemed to get all sorts of excuses for not accepting my credit card.

So ended up ringing them, had to pay a little more; maybe it was a phone booking charge which I have no trouble with.

Also lost out on 500 points not booking online.

Interesting phone manner they have; they ask for your name almost straight away.

At least I get to fly America West before it folds into US Airways.

I have been watching the airfares for the last 1 month on America West had originally planned to fly from SFO but but the time I got around to booking it the price went from $128 for all flights to $268 for all flights; like every single flight, like I would have thought the yield management system may have been a little more sophiscated than that. The travel agent had found the $128 but when they tried to ticket they couldn't price it at the lower fare even though it was still available online.

My question is; I had enrolled for Flightfund; now will the phone booking automatically show up in the my booking or will this require another phone booking. I had given them the number but I wonder if it will get attached. Trying to avoid the dreaded SSSS and also want to see what I end up with when it gets merged with US Airways, so I get updates of the progress of the merger.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 8:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
My question is; I had enrolled for Flightfund; now will the phone booking automatically show up in the my booking or will this require another phone booking. . .
You should be able to pull up your reservation online at americawest.com. You can verify if your Flight Fund numbers is in there. If not, you can add it on-line and spare yourself the phone call. Welcome to HP, by the way!
Old Sep 20, 2005, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
I have been watching the airfares for the last 1 month on America West had originally planned to fly from SFO but but the time I got around to booking it the price went from $128 for all flights to $268 for all flights; like every single flight, like I would have thought the yield management system may have been a little more sophiscated than that.
It sounds like there was a month-long fare sale (probably thanks to Southwest). You, unfortunately, waited until the end of the fare sale to book your flight. This has NOTHING to do with the yield management system. It has everything to do with matching the competition on PRICING and, then, pulling the fares at the end of the fare sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.