Joette Schmidt leaving HP; corporate officers to be reduced 34% post-merger

Subscribe
In today's Arizona Republic:

Quote:
US Airways discloses officers who will lead airline after AmWest merger

The management team of the combined America West-US Airways is complete, with the company revealing its officer lineup in a regulatory filing Tuesday.

The majority of the executives are from America West. The new company, to be headed by America West Chief Executive Officer Doug Parker, will be based in Tempe but called US Airways.

There are 34 officers, down from the current total of 52, a move the companies said would cut overhead by 35 percent.

Senior vice presidents who were named Tuesday include Anthony Mule, customer service; Joe Beery, chief information officer; Hal Heule, safety and regulatory compliance; Jim Walsh, general counsel; and Andrew Nocella, scheduling, planning and alliances.

Missing from the list: Joette Schmidt, one of America West's highest-profile female executives. The vice president of sales has decided to leave the company after nearly 10 years.
A complete list, from HP's SEC filing can be found here.

For those who don't know, Joette Schmit was VP of Customers back in HP's darkest, most dysfunctional days. (She has since moved on to a top sales role.) She is widely credited as being a key architect of the airline's dramatic turnaround. It is really unfortunate she won't be staying with the new airline.
That's too bad. I hope she didn't get forced out.
The Missing Link
I am racking my brain here; but, I belive that Joette was with US prior to HP and this would explain why she would want to exit. If not, then she must be fully aware of US and does not want that stink on her.

US is the drain in your tub. It has sucked down not only every company it has ever associated with. It has also sucked the morale and creative energy from those who were incorporated into the company.

A good example, ask anyone at US. Are you US or . . . . . you will rarely find someone who would say Piedmont or PSA. Speaking for PI, the lion share left the company within the first 6 months.

US is tops of my list of campanies who are badly in need of new leadership, a breath of fresh air and a major attitude enhancement.

I really feel sorry for HP. In the 80's I nearly joined them and have friends who have weathered many storms with a smile and great determination. The only hope for success is to lose as many US senior staff and management personnel as possible and hope that the HP corporate culture is intigrated and takes hold.

If not . . . . well there goes another down the drain.
Quote: I am racking my brain here; but, I belive that Joette was with US prior to HP and this would explain why she would want to exit.
Actually, Joette was with AA prior to HP:

http://www.americawest.com/awa/conte...s/schmidt.aspx

The hardest thing about the merger will be integration of the cultures but we have our best people working on the project. Like I have said before, if anyone can pull this off, Doug Parker and his team will do it.
Quote: I am racking my brain here; but, I belive that Joette was with US prior to HP and this would explain why she would want to exit

Joette was previously with AA...
For those that have had the pleasure of interacting with Joette will understand what a disappointment it is, not to have her as part of the merged airline.

EDIT* Just saw Snokums925 answered the question as I was replying..... ^
This is really bad news if you are one of those who is wary about this merger. Joette will truly be missed. I had the pleasure of working with her through several HP screw ups, most recently the RJ fiasco between SNA and LAS. She is a great assset to HP. I hope they realize they need her and will reconsider her departure. If this is her decission I wish her the best in her endevors. HP's lose will be someone elses gain.

Joette, if you read this I wish you the best!!!

Keith
Actually every USAirways employee I speak will always answer Piedmont, Mohawk, Allegheny, etc... its rare I find a *USAir* employee!!!