As a Platinum Elite with America West I love....

Old Jul 18, 2005, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
As a Platinum Elite with America West I love....

to see this message more and more

Web Check-In
First Class Upgrade

Confirmation: U*****

Because many people would like to take advantage of America West’s affordable First Class upgrade program, we checked availability of upgrades on your itinerary. Unfortunately, no upgrades are available at this time.

If you are still interested, please inquire at the airport about last-minute cancellations that may allow you to enjoy America West’s First Class service.

What I find amusing is that even on their website the boldface portion of the statement it was boldfaced as well

I know a lot of folks on here think all I do is moan and groan, but it is annoying.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
However, I do see the fixed the glitch with the boarding passes and having it show your status. It is now indeed showing "PLATINUM" on the boarding pass, right above where it says:

SEAT:
74C

Does anyone find me midly amusing?
Old Jul 18, 2005, 6:22 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman Starwood Gold Continental Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
However, I do see the fixed the glitch with the boarding passes and having it show your status. It is now indeed showing "PLATINUM" on the boarding pass, right above where it says:

SEAT:
74C

Does anyone find me midly amusing?
On occasion
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:20 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
As a Gold... it is mixed...

Recently, I have flew a lot segments (I think 12-14 in 2 weeks). Here is what I noticed, the Thursday/Sunday flights have the worst chance of upgrades, but mid-week is pretty much a mix. Also, Seattle seems to have some high loads... I was shocked to see how many times the flight goes out packed.

This group of trips... 3 out of the 4 upgradable segments went through.... ^
Old Jul 19, 2005, 8:21 am

Programs: US PLT, UA 1P
Groan

Yeah, I see that all the time, now I just call and play nice . . . that seems to be the only way I get the bump.

Wish they would figure out a way to re-structure / rework the upgrade process. I gather they are selling a great number of F seats these days, people seem willing to pay.

Cheersh
Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:29 pm

Programs: US - Platinum, HHonors - Diamond
Before I made elite I would try to check in as close to the 24 hour check-in time as possible to purchase the $150 upgrade between phx and nyc (jfk or ewr).

Dean

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.