Canadian Tip For New Website

Old Jun 28, 2005, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Canadian Tip For New Website

After spending nearly an hour on the phone this morning with Web-Tech Help and having to have her eventually manually book me ^ , here are two tips that will help until they straighten things out if you are booking from Canada:

1. In billing information, enter the Province of the credit card first!. If you fill everything out then enter it will change screens and wipe out all info about your card and then go into an error loop. If you enter the Province first two boxes will appear on the 'new' screen allowing proper entry of the Postal Code that matches your credit card .

2. Amex cards are having trouble for some unapparent reason. I used a Visa on a second booking when Ms. PunishedEdmontonian decided after lunch to join in on the trip and had no problem booking.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 6:23 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman Starwood Gold Continental Platinum
Originally Posted by PunishedEdmontonian
After spending nearly an hour on the phone this morning with Web-Tech Help and having to have her eventually manually book me ^ , here are two tips that will help until they straighten things out if you are booking from Canada:

1. In billing information, enter the Province of the credit card first!. If you fill everything out then enter it will change screens and wipe out all info about your card and then go into an error loop. If you enter the Province first two boxes will appear on the 'new' screen allowing proper entry of the Postal Code that matches your credit card .

2. Amex cards are having trouble for some unapparent reason. I used a Visa on a second booking when Ms. PunishedEdmontonian decided after lunch to join in on the trip and had no problem booking.

Can a Mod move this to the other thread already started about the New Web Site.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiegoShaun
Can a Mod move this to the other thread already started about the New Web Site.
I have always taken the position that the primary purpose of this board is to help others.

As this is a uniquely Canadian problem in using the new interface for bookings I believe that to bury it in a large thread serves little or no purpose and will assist those people who -believe it or not- do not live in the US and fly HP....

The Amex problem may also be Canadian as my cards -again believe or not - are issued in Canada.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 10:46 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman Starwood Gold Continental Platinum
My point exactly, the problem with you starting a separate thread about the new site, is yours will have much less activity, page views and will fall off the first page sooner.

I believe that anyone, US, Canadian or whatever that is having issues with the new site , would look first to the big post about the new site. That post is already over three pages and likely to continue to get bumped and stay on page one for quite some time. This one will fall off and fade away, being see with much less 'views'.

Why separate yourself because your Canadian, it's still an issue with the new site and much more likely to be noticed when together. What if the AMEX issue is not Canadian and others are having it and thought it was just them or their card, they are much less likely to have viewed this thread. Regardless if you want to keep this one or not, the information your provided still belongs in the main thread.

Just my $.02

Last edited by SanDiegoShaun; Jun 29, 2005 at 10:55 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.