Lifetime Gold for 1 Million Milers!?

Old Feb 22, 2005, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Thumbs up Lifetime Gold for 1 Million Milers!?

I never knew that HP recognized 1MM fliers, or offered lifetime Gold status. Hmmm. I'll be there in another 4 years.

At America West, FlightFund members who earn 1 million miles get lifetime "gold elite" status and are invited to the FBR Open, which is a pro golf tournament in Phoenix, and an Arizona Diamondbacks baseball game in the airline's suite.
Airlines' 'million milers' get quiet perks
Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
I never knew that HP recognized 1MM fliers, or offered lifetime Gold status. Hmmm. I'll be there in another 4 years.

Airlines' 'million milers' get quiet perks
Interesting. I once sat next to a guy in F who said he was travelling on a comped F round trip systemwide voucher from HP after completing his 250,000th mile. He said they called it the "Quarter-Million Miler program."

This ever happen to anybody else?
Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:36 am

Programs: CO/Gold:AW/Gold:Hilton/Diamond
Originally Posted by AgtMulder
Interesting. I once sat next to a guy in F who said he was travelling on a comped F round trip systemwide voucher from HP after completing his 250,000th mile. He said they called it the "Quarter-Million Miler program."

This ever happen to anybody else?
I was curious on how many miles I had flown, and not finding it on the web site, called and found out it was 510k. I had guessed 500k.

I never got any recognition at either 250 or at 500k.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Cool

I've never received anything either.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
I've never received anything either.
Strange. It could be that he meant he flew 250,000 in a year. He said he flew a transcon roundtrip from JFK to California every monday/friday every week to split his time between his two children or something.

I don't doubt him because on the flight I met him I got on first and the flight attendant had poured a vodka tonic and left it sitting up front, and handed it to him once he walked through the door.

If I flew that much I think I'd go insane.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 2:10 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman Starwood Gold Continental Platinum
Originally Posted by AgtMulder
Strange. It could be that he meant he flew 250,000 in a year. He said he flew a transcon roundtrip from JFK to California every monday/friday every week to split his time between his two children or something.

I don't doubt him because on the flight I met him I got on first and the flight attendant had poured a vodka tonic and left it sitting up front, and handed it to him once he walked through the door.

If I flew that much I think I'd go insane.
It would have been if he flew 250k in a year. In that case he most likely would be recognized as a Flight Fund Top 100.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 8:20 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Let's bring this to the surface....has anyone heard a definite yes or no as to whether the revised program (i.e. Dividend Miles) will retain the lifetime status perk for 1MM and 2MM mile travellers? It was NOT something offered to US members.

Typically, these lifetime perks are for the life of the program and not the member, so since FlightFund is gone, I'm wondering if that perk is too.....
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PHL
Let's bring this to the surface....has anyone heard a definite yes or no as to whether the revised program (i.e. Dividend Miles) will retain the lifetime status perk for 1MM and 2MM mile travellers? It was NOT something offered to US members.

Typically, these lifetime perks are for the life of the program and not the member, so since FlightFund is gone, I'm wondering if that perk is too.....

LOL! I seriously doubt it. HP is in full fledged cheap mode. I don't see HP giving anyone lifetime status in the new program, especially as those miles were earned under the old US program.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 4:32 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
I called HP today to ask about future of the program. I got the answer that I expected: nobody knows!

Anyway, I hope it stays....I am over 785k. I am almost there!
Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:04 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
The question is -

By next year sometime, FlightFund will be fully extinct. As such, it would be perfectly legal and within the terms and conditions for the Lifetime statuses to be terminated since they are for the life of the program. Will they do it?? Who knows. Obviously, they don't.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Get it while you can.

Originally Posted by PHL
The question is -

By next year sometime, FlightFund will be fully extinct. As such, it would be perfectly legal and within the terms and conditions for the Lifetime statuses to be terminated since they are for the life of the program. Will they do it?? Who knows. Obviously, they don't.
Good point.

I suspect HP will carry over those lifetime Golds already in the system especially those who spend/fly a lot. Those that don't make MM before the programs merge will most likely be out of luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.