Search

HP Platinum Line this morning

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
HP Platinum Line this morning

So I call HP to move my seat from 5C to 11C (reclining exit row) this morning. The reason I called b/c my return upgrade from IAH this Friday the 18th didn't clear. The agent told me that they are "holding revenue seats for sale". Fine, I understand that. I then asked her can you tell me when they will be released? She said "30 hours before departure". Interesting--did not know that. I then asked can you please tell me how many you are holding? She said "no, but we can tell you it's 33% and there are 12 seats" Another interesting tidbit I wasn't aware of. Why can't HP just tell us there are still 4 seats available for sale rather than the little math quiz? Do other carriers hold 33% of F seats for sale up to 30 hours before departure?

At any rate, hold time was only half a minute or so. I've never had a hard time with HP phone agents--they are all very polite and professional.

OH, and don't forget (according to the announcement I heard while on hold) to cast your vote in to Freddy's by March 15th to keep HP going three straight years in a row!!
Old Mar 15, 2005, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
I've never had an agent tell me they couldn't tell me how many seats. They always give me the amount. It's usually always 1 or 2 seats on the routes I fly. However I've been told they will release them at odd intervals and that is what I've seen. I was on a flight back from DFW one time and they were holding 2 seats for revenue 2 days out (I was gold at the time). I had to call in later that day for another reason and the guy ran my upgrade again and I got in. They had released a seat midday for some reason and obviously hadn't run the upgrades for everyone at that point. I don't know if they usually do after releasing a seat but I do know there were plats with more mileage than I had that didn't get upgraded but were booked on the flight at the time I called in and got upgraded. My basic rule of thumb is if I don't get upgraded at my normal window, I call to see how many seats are being held then call in late afternoon and see if they released one.

I never hold for more than a minute on the plat line and the agents are always cheery and most helpful. Never a complaint there.

Lance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.