Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA announced 787 service ready operational validation flight schedules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:30 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

http://www.ana.co.jp/promotion/b787/special/#03

Schedule updated on June 30

Schedule updated on June 30

Jul 02 2011
BFI 0500 - HND 0630+1

Jul 05 2011
HND 0625 - ITM 0730
ITM 1130 - HND 1230

Jul 06 2011
HND 0625 - KIX 0800
KIX 1200 – HND 1320

Jul 07 2011
HND 0600 – OKJ 0730
OKJ 1145 - HND 1315
HND 1500 – HIJ 1700
HIJ 1900 - HND 2010

JUL 10 2011 *
HND 0625 - NGO 0730
NGO 1800 - HND 1845

* New schedule

As it is noted on the website, the schedules are subject to change. No passengers will be on board. But it is a good chance to see 787 in person if you live in Japan

Last edited by JALPak; Jul 3, 2011 at 8:55 am Reason: updated schedule
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:47 am

Your blog shows a JAL coach configuration of 2-3-2. As you note, this may not be JAL's final configuration. Most airlines are going with a tight 9 across in coach.

Has ANA released its coach configuration?

I saw an ANA 787 at Boeing in 2009 doing taxi testing.

Last edited by BF263533; Jun 15, 2011 at 12:57 am
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:50 am

http://airlineroute.net/2011/06/14/nh-787-srovjul11/

ANA has not yet announce the configuration of Boeing 787. Partial configuration of JAL's 787 was first posted on my site exclusively

http://airlineroute.net/2011/05/27/jl-788-config1/
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks JalPAK.......

To BF263533: The aircraft in use is for testing purposes. If you want you should be able to spot the 787 while it is being tested in Japan.^

Last edited by Q Shoe Guy; Jun 15, 2011 at 1:02 am
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimyvr
http://airlineroute.net/2011/06/14/nh-787-srovjul11/

Partial configuration of JAL's 787 was first posted on my site exclusively

http://airlineroute.net/2011/05/27/jl-788-config1/
And this matters on the NH board....?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BF263533
Your blog shows a JAL coach configuration of 2-3-2. As you note, this may not be JAL's final configuration. Most airlines are going with a tight 9 across in coach.

Has ANA released its coach configuration?

I saw an ANA 787 at Boeing in 2009 doing taxi testing.
Unfortunately no. The plane you saw is for flight testing only as Q Shoe Guy pointed out already. It has test equipments instead of seats inside. But I am not sure if the one used for SROV will have seats installed or not. Either way, NH will announce the seat map soon if everything goes according to the plan.

ANA has not yet announce the configuration of Boeing 787. Partial configuration of JAL's 787 was first posted on my site exclusively
How can you claim exclusivity while the information is posted on JAL website first? The complete seat map for JAL 787 flights is available on JAL website when they first released inventory. I highly doubt you post the seat map before JAL did. And if I recall correctly, you didn't even have the word "partial" in the C cabin, at least till I posted the complete (possibly temporary) seat map from JAL website on my blog. And as Q Shoe Guy pointed out, why did this matter? It just make it sounds like you just want to bring more traffic to your site Can we stick to the topic please?

Last edited by JALPak; Jun 15, 2011 at 2:11 am
Old Jun 15, 2011, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
How can you claim exclusivity while the information is posted on JAL website first? The complete seat map for JAL 787 flights is available on JAL website when they first released inventory. I highly doubt you post the seat map before JAL did. And if I recall correctly, you didn't even have the word "partial" in the C cabin, at least till I posted the complete (possibly temporary) seat map from JAL website on my blog. And as Q Shoe Guy pointed out, why did this matter? It just make it sounds like you just want to bring more traffic to your site Can we stick to the topic please?
Doubt? You should know better sometimes I post information before airline announces. I stand firm with my word usage "exclusive" even though the time frame didn't last long.

Errors? yes, thanks for pointing, but I fixed it.

You also made 2 "mistakes" that I did. 1) you're not sticking to the topic either by questioning me. 2) look at your signature before rolling your eyes and asking me about bringing website traffic.

Now back to the topic.

These flight schedules are for test flights, and will not be carrying passengers.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Most airlines are going with a tight 9 across in coach.
Have other carriers announced their seat maps yet?

Doubt? You should know better sometimes I post information before airline announces. I stand firm with my word usage "exclusive" even though the time frame didn't last long.
When the seat map is available somewhere else where outsiders can access easily, e.g. GDS, you can't claim having that info exclusively. Just like you can't claim you have the NH SROV schedule exclusively in this case (which you didn't do)

And FYI, until now, neither NH nor JAL has formally announced their configurations on these 787's. When it is announced, you will see the official seat maps posted with the rest of their fleets. And as I mentioned before, NH probably will do this pretty soon as there are only a few months left before their first commercial flight if everything goes according to the plan this time. And I don't know how real these SROV flights are.

Anyone knows how SROV are usually done, i.e. how close to a real commercial flight will these flights get?

Last edited by JALPak; Jun 15, 2011 at 6:23 am
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Have other carriers announced their seat maps yet?
+1

I think airlines thought/suggest about 9 across in Y, but none had confirmed that is what they are going for.

I really doubt most airline would consider that configuration, only a few would consider like those put 10 across in their 777. E.g. EK/AF/NZ/CZ/JL domestic/NH domestic
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
+1

I think airlines thought/suggest about 9 across in Y, but none had confirmed that is what they are going for.

I really doubt most airline would consider that configuration, only a few would consider like those put 10 across in their 777. E.g. EK/AF/NZ/CZ/JL domestic/NH domestic
About 6 years ago there were some news articles discussing/confirming about the majority of the airlines' switch from 8 to 9 across. Originally the 787 cabin was a little more narrow and optimized for 8 across. Then suposedly an airline like Emirates went to Boeing, so the cabin was widewned a few inches so 9 seats could be squeeeeeeezed in. The news articles no longer appear to be available and a lot can change over 6 years. The 9 across is something that Boeing and the airlines avoid talking about for the past 5 years. 8 across in coach really brings down the comeptitive economics of the 787.

As soon as someone sees some actual 787 coach configurations it would be nice if those are posted to see if the airlines are going back to the 8 across.

Last edited by BF263533; Jun 16, 2011 at 12:52 am
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:52 am
Original Poster

About 6 years ago there were some news articles discussing/confirming about the majority of the airlines' switch from 8 to 9 across. Originally the 787 cabin was a little more narrow and optimized for 8 across. Then suposedly an airline like Emirates went to Boeing, so the cabin was widewned a few inches so 9 seats could be squeeeeeeezed in. The news articles no longer appear to be available and a lot can change over 6 years. The 9 across is something that Boeing and the airlines avoid talking about for the past 5 years. 8 across in coach really brings down the comeptitive economics of the 787.

As soon as someone sees some actual 787 coach configurations it would be nice if those are posted to see if the airlines are going back to the 8 across.
EK is one of the few airlines who put 10 across on their 777's so I wouldn't be surprised if majority of the carriers go for 8 across while only a few go for 9 across. NH and JL might put 9 across on their domestic fleets
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
8 across in coach really brings down the comeptitive economics of the 787.
Not really, if they put 8 across on short haul domestic, it may brings down the competitive economics of the 787.

However, most airlines already thought about putting 787 in their long thin routes, like the mention of NRT-BOS and IAH-AKL. When it is long haul, they can charge more especially in premium classes to cover the lost of one seat per row in Y.

You can also say that the competitive economics of NH's new 77W configuration is not as good as EK's 77W, as NH only has 215 seats vs EK has 358 seats. Does that mean NH's configuration lose out big time in terms of revenue, definately NOT.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Any ideas, will ANA just sell the first flights 787 on a first come first serve type basis.

Brisbane or Sydney to Japan for the weekend is easily doable if I can get a some flights on a 787.

Does anyone know what these round trips cost out to be at the moment.

HND - ITM
HND – KIX
HND – OKJ
HND – HIJ

And where is the best place to book ANA domestic flights.

Anyone planning to fly on the inaugural flight.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
Any ideas, will ANA just sell the first flights 787 on a first come first serve type basis.

Brisbane or Sydney to Japan for the weekend is easily doable if I can get a some flights on a 787.

Does anyone know what these round trips cost out to be at the moment.

HND - ITM
HND – KIX
HND – OKJ
HND – HIJ

And where is the best place to book ANA domestic flights.

Anyone planning to fly on the inaugural flight.
NH hasn't announced their first commercial flight yet. The schedule above is only for testing and no pax will be onboard
Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:53 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
NH hasn't announced their first commercial flight yet. The schedule above is only for testing and no pax will be onboard
Yes I know those are test flights but as they were doing domestic runs their would be a good chance that one of these routes would be a likely contender.

So the question of what sort of prices would we expect to pay and where would you book them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.