Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NGO-TPE / KIX-GUM Pending Cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2008, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
NGO-TPE / KIX-GUM Pending Cancellation

According to Japanese media, NH is reviewing possibility of terminating NGO-TPE route as well as KIX-GUM. Termination of both routes will be a huge hit to both NGO and KIX.

With the end of NGO-TPE on NH (and UA cancelling NGO-TPE last year), there will no longer be a non-stop flight between the two cities offered by a Star Alliance airliner.

While I am not too familiar with the load of KIX-GUM, I do know that KIX is in deep trouble as both JL and NH have announced significant flight reduction to the airport.

Article can be found here: (in Japanese)
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...24-jij-bus_all
Old Jul 13, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
Jiji reports this news.

English version is here.

Losing KIX-GUM may not a big problem if CO which operates the same route joins Star.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
... With the end of NGO-TPE on NH (and UA cancelling NGO-TPE last year), there will no longer be a non-stop flight between the two cities offered by a Star Alliance airliner. ...
If only NH would have KIX-TPE with its own metal rather than the code-share with BR. As a matter of fact, it would be good for *A if NH metal could at least fly the same city pairs served by JL now between JPN and TWN.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jazzhou
If only NH would have KIX-TPE with its own metal rather than the code-share with BR. As a matter of fact, it would be good for *A if NH metal could at least fly the same city pairs served by JL now between JPN and TWN.
Probably not likely to happen. Both NH and JL have begun to abandon KIX. The Ministry of Transportation tried to intervene, but I doubt that will have a long lasting effect. The best way to save KIX is to shut down ITM, which is not going to happen.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:33 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
NGO-TPE v.v. has way too many competition, I think that's why they are shutting down the service...

I am not surprised about the KIX-GUM v.v. as it's becoming an abandon airport even by the airlines of Japan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.