Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do ANA block seats in F?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2006, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Do ANA block seats in F?

I have an upcoming trip on NH201 and am ticketed in F on the 744. I called to get a seat assignment and asked for 1A but was told that was not possible but I could take 2A.

As my trip is a long way off (Jan 2007), I doubt that 1A has been taken already and was wondering whether ANA blocked 1A/K for their own elite flyers.

Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2006, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Given the need to call upwards of a year in advance to secure an award seat, it's not inconceivable that someone already has 1A.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 3:46 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
1A is blocked for ANA Elites
Old Jun 16, 2006, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by schoflyer
1A is blocked for ANA Elites
Thanks for that! ^

I made the mistake of asking for 1A rather than 1A or 1K. Needless to say I have rectified my error and have now been confirmed in 1K.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 5:34 am

Personally I like 2A better though. 1A/K is too close to my neighbor.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 6:08 pm

Cool

1A is normally blocked for statemans or CEO of large companies.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 6:18 pm

1A/C is not blocked for ANA elites. They are blocked for VIP/CIPs as defined by the VIP desk at NRT.

In order to secure 1A/C in advance, the reservation PNR must be forwarded to NRT VIP desk along with the information on the person trying to reserve the seat (title, position, company, etc) then the VIP desk decides whether to release the seat or not.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 11:10 pm

I know in this case, being F, it is different, but if you do Online Checkin, for example in C, most seats become available. I have done this on my outbound SFO-NRT, and all the bulkhead seats become available; seats I thought were reserved for children, etc.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by stargold
1A/C is not blocked for ANA elites. They are blocked for VIP/CIPs as defined by the VIP desk at NRT.
OK, OK, you and NH*G (welcome to flyertalk by the way!) are right. They are blocked as I stated, but not just any NH elite can get that seat assigned in too far prior to departure. I was kind of lumping the Pinky tagged passengers into the elite category.

But there is a point at which 1A will be released to a Diamond prior to departure.

Cheers,

Scho
Old Jun 18, 2006, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyMan
Personally I like 2A better though. 1A/K is too close to my neighbor.
I am aware of this drawback but to be honest I like the idea of sitting at the front of a 747 and being able to see forwards out of the window.

Can you see forwards out of 2A? How close are 1A/K?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by TEX277
I am aware of this drawback but to be honest I like the idea of sitting at the front of a 747 and being able to see forwards out of the window.

Can you see forwards out of 2A? How close are 1A/K?

With 2A/K you get about 5 windows. With 1A you are starring at a bulkhead wall. There was a thread on this earlier. I also prefer row 2 on the 744.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:44 pm

Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread!

Does anyone know if NH still blocks the same F seats? If so, when do they become available for non NH Elites?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by MattEvan
Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread!

Does anyone know if NH still blocks the same F seats? If so, when do they become available for non NH Elites?
Ancient thread. LOL

I know 1K was blocked all the way up to OLCI on my 2 recent flights. On the outbound, it was occupied. So not sure if he was a NH elite upgrade or last minute paid F.

On the way back the cabin was also not full at OLCI, so I'll assume other than a few of us, the rest were upgrades. One guy was a UA GS and his ticket was paid.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: LH HON; UA GS; AF Plat; AA PP
1K not blocked IME. I have a paid trip 11 months out for a family of three and was able to select 1K for both sectors we are flying. 1A is indeed blocked. Last month it opened to all pax during OLCI and I grabbed it. But ... I like 2A better, as it feels more private to me.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by burg_rtw
1K not blocked IME. I have a paid trip 11 months out for a family of three and was able to select 1K for both sectors we are flying. 1A is indeed blocked. Last month it opened to all pax during OLCI and I grabbed it. But ... I like 2A better, as it feels more private to me.
1K showed as blocked on EF, not occupied,, but irrelevant at this point. On the outbound there were just 3 of use, 1A, 1K and 2A. I had 2A in both directions. I take the same seat on LH F, when available. For some reason, I like them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.