Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do ANA block seats in F?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
1K showed as blocked on EF, not occupied,, but irrelevant at this point. On the outbound there were just 3 of use, 1A, 1K and 2A. I had 2A in both directions. I take the same seat on LH F, when available. For some reason, I like them.
2A on LH? The locker is behind you. I like 1A or right window row 1 so I can see who goes in my locker if there is one.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
2A on LH? The locker is behind you. I like 1A or right window row 1 so I can see who goes in my locker if there is one.
LOL.

Ok, here's how I determined what I liked the best. I prefer windows where available - and that was also a disappointment with the ANA F Suite. The side of the suite blocked the windows so you literally had to get up out of the seat to look out. I'm guessing looking out the window was not a priority for NH.

Otherwise, I've done 6 LH F, all long-haul and 2 TATL. On my first one, 2A was open so I took it. On my second one, flying with a colleague, we had 2D/G. Then I had 1D, 1A and 2A. In all but one flight, the cabins were not full, so not only did I have a chance to try other seats, the FAs were able to make the beds in empty seats.

On LH,I don't like 1A or K because even with the window, someone is always passing you through the curtain to go to the lav and I noticed that both pax and crew don't close the curtain so the light comes through from there, plus the noise of the doors. Similar for DG, but obviously no window.

Yes, the lockers and galley are right behind row 2, but I found no one went to the lockers at all during the flights and other than one time one one flight, I never heard a sound (crew or dishes or trolleys) from the galley area.

It's only my sample size, but all interesting experiences nonetheless.

I found NH crew were extremely diligent about keeping all of the curtains in F completely closed and I never heard a sound from the galleys. The only sound I would hear from time to time was the cockpit door closing. Sounds don't bother me.

Last edited by 24left; Jun 9, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I know 1K was blocked all the way up to OLCI on my 2 recent flights. On the outbound, it was occupied. So not sure if he was a NH elite upgrade or last minute paid F.

On the way back the cabin was also not full at OLCI, so I'll assume other than a few of us, the rest were upgrades. One guy was a UA GS and his ticket was paid.

Originally Posted by burg_rtw
1K not blocked IME. I have a paid trip 11 months out for a family of three and was able to select 1K for both sectors we are flying. 1A is indeed blocked. Last month it opened to all pax during OLCI and I grabbed it. But ... I like 2A better, as it feels more private to me.

1K showed as blocked on EF, not occupied...
And here is my OLCI check-in page from the return flight at T-24.

1K not 1A was blocked.

Attached Images  
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist
flying NH F two days from now. 1A has been blocked and 1K has been occupied since i booked two months ago, so i still got 2A (my preferred F seat). suddenly today, the two middle suites in row 1 are showing as blocked, not occupied. any idea if two VIPs have taken these seats? maybe reserve pilots from the recent #NH175 debacle?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dogdogcatcat
flying NH F two days from now. 1A has been blocked and 1K has been occupied since i booked two months ago, so i still got 2A (my preferred F seat). suddenly today, the two middle suites in row 1 are showing as blocked, not occupied. any idea if two VIPs have taken these seats? maybe reserve pilots from the recent #NH175 debacle?
I would think the NH 175 pilots have left LAX a long time ago. With three flights a day, there should be limited waiting time for that. Also, I doubt they put the pilots in F unless nothing else is available and they really have to be on the specific flight.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist
now the two seats are being shown as occupied.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Per the chief pursuer which I once had a long chat with (who is actually also mainly a Cabin Attendant trainer in Japan), she claims the pilots never are allowed to sleep in the F cabin if there are passengers.

Maybe the 2 seats are blocked for elites who requested it to be blocked?

I really like using the middle seat as my bad while I use the main seat for dining and TV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.