Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Biz in NH805 NRT-BKK: how bad is the seating?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Biz in NH805 NRT-BKK: how bad is the seating?

Looks like a 2-2-2 configuration. Debating whether I want window (prefably) or sit by the aisle in the mid 2.

My seat currently selected is window but curious about the hassle of getting out if someone sits beside me
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by seks
Looks like a 2-2-2 configuration. Debating whether I want window (prefably) or sit by the aisle in the mid 2.

My seat currently selected is window but curious about the hassle of getting out if someone sits beside me
A few thoughts....

Not sure when you are flying. As you know, NH 805 departs NRT at approx 18:10 and the fight time is 6 hours. If it was a daytime flight, the upside might be a view.

I'm not thrilled with business cabins in 2-2-2 (or worse), but that is the layout on NH 805 as well as NH flights I'm looking at for another destination. In my case, the flight is a red eye and I don't want anyone climbing over me or the reverse, so I opted for the middle section where at least D and G each have aisle access.

Attached Images  
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
A few thoughts....

Not sure when you are flying. As you know, NH 805 departs NRT at approx 18:10 and the fight time is 6 hours. If it was a daytime flight, the upside might be a view.

I'm not thrilled with business cabins in 2-2-2 (or worse), but that is the layout on NH 805 as well as NH flights I'm looking at for another destination. In my case, the flight is a red eye and I don't want anyone climbing over me or the reverse, so I opted for the middle section where at least D and G each have aisle access.

Changed to a D. You are right. Nothing to stare out between the flight duration of 1810 and 23xx
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Is it possible to switch to NH807 (1655 departure) operated by the 789 with 1-2-1 flat beds in C?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

I arrive at NRT at 1510 so I could have picked NH807. Reason for NH805 is because my friends are arriving via the SFO-NRT route (I'm YVR-NRT) and I wanted to take the same flight as them for NRT-BKK.

Oh well no big deal (:

NH805 is only recline?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
IMHO, NH recliners are the worst seats in the sky. For some reason, I just don't fit. I've flown them a few times and always end up spending almost the whole fight standing next to the galley.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
The cradles are fine. I have flown them no longer than 3 hours, but you should be OK and have a good sleep. My greater concern is the cabin temperature. A recent ANA J flight on a 767 had the temperature at a sizzling 24 deg C (I have my own cabin thermometer). I could not get cool. I asked the FAs to ask the cockpit to cool it down and despite them claiming they told the captain, the thermometer never went down. Very disappointing.

My next flight with JAL (also in J) did have a cooler cabin, at 21-22 deg C. It also had overhead vents, which helped.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:47 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Did this flight about six weeks ago.

Originally Posted by seks

NH805 is only recline?
But it's a very generous recline, and there is a footrest.

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
The cradles are fine. I have flown them no longer than 3 hours, but you should be OK and have a good sleep. My greater concern is the cabin temperature.
Yes, they are fine, and yes, I read about the hot (to us) cabins, and at least my on my flight the temperature was fine. In fact, the next two NH flights on the way to SFO were fine as well, though I liked the 77W lie flat much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.