Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Int’l Business/*G Lounges at HND/NRT/KIX (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

As I'm in NRT often and just recently, I thought I'd post some photos.

These are from June 28, 2017 in the lounge near Gate 52.

Mod - I searched for a generic thread but did not find one. Feel free to merge.

Attached Images          
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I love the ANA J lounges, but I agree the food items are getting a little long in the tooth - while I love those cute little sandwiches, Swiss chocolates, Hokkaido cheese, and the French fries dipped in Japanese mayo, I've been eating the same things here for over 5 years with no change...and HND is almost exactly the same.

Having said that, they have an absolutely massive turnover in this lounge, and since no one pays a membership fee to be in there, it's not exactly a money making enterprise. Truth be told, it's better then the OZ lounge in ICN, and still much better than any standard UA or AC lounge, but far behind a LH J lounge or SQ J lounge, but it's also a comfort spot for me with many fond memories so I won't complain too much.

I do envy you though, getting to travel to Japan so often - that's the job I've been seeking for years

Assume you also saw these photos I just took the other day.. I'll be back there next week and take a few more. The ANA NRT has been my other home for almost 3 years. LOL. Later on I'll be back at HND as well.

Sure, the main food items don't change much - although I was surprised to see they did not have noodles and there were dumplings instead.

But I find it rather peaceful (the one at gate 52). I like having my Noodle Bar treat, some salad, some mini-Lindts and cold water and I'm a happy camper.

Thankfully, I leave there and head to the gate just as the late afternoon crowds roll in.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:57 pm

Thanks a lot for the photos. Love ANA lounge. Of course, SilverKris lounges are great too. But they're great in different ways.

Curry is now something you have to order? I thought that curry was part of the buffet, not made-to-order, unless I'm remembering wrong. I like to serve my own curry since I like my curry:rice portion 4:1 instead of 1:1.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by evergrn
Thanks a lot for the photos. Love ANA lounge. Of course, SilverKris lounges are great too. But they're great in different ways.

Curry is now something you have to order? I thought that curry was part of the buffet, not made-to-order, unless I'm remembering wrong. I like to serve my own curry since I like my curry:rice portion 4:1 instead of 1:1.
IIRC the curry at HND is at the buffet but at NRT you get it from the noodle bar... things might have changed from when I was last there though (but looking at the pictures of the food it seems like they haven't )
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by truncated
IIRC the curry at HND is at the buffet but at NRT you get it from the noodle bar...
Actually, now that you say that, I think you're right.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

ANA @ NRT near gate 52

Got there just before the afternoon crowds.

In addition to the photos I posted upthread, I took these views last week. These are from the front part of the lounge.

Always nice views out the window. And of course, I am perpetually impressed with the smart designs. Each seat has a side storage table, under which you can place your carry-on. Unlike almost every other lounge I've been to, people leave bags all over the place and it blocks access as well as being a general nuisance and an obstruction in many lounges.

Attached Images      
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Moving to the back part of the same lounge, a few photos.

Massive seating areas, a second food station, 3 private rest cubicles in the back, 2 of which have those massage chairs.

The sake station (from my photos upthread) is where I stood when taking the photo of the second food station.

Attached Images    
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

ANA @ NRT in Satellite 4

I noticed the 2 hot food items were different than the other lounge. As per photos in my first post upthread, the main lounge had the chicken and potato wedges plus the pork dumplings.

This lounge had the noodles and some sort of stew with what looked like tofu and curry. Dish was empty, so I did not take a photo.

Order window for the noodle bar is around the back.

Attached Images       
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Was happy to have my soba noodles and vegetable tempura again.

Also took photos of the fun beer machine.

Attached Images    
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

ANA Business Lounges at HND (consolidated)

These are from July 25 at the HND ANA lounge near gate 110.

Compared to my previous visit, I found the lounge very crowded when I arrived. The front food station area was packed with people looking at and/or selecting food items. There were those who seem to look lost and wandered slowly and it was impossible to actually get past anyone standing there.

I also found it strange to see some people wearing their back-packs as they moved about in the food area. This added to the challenge of trying to get around some people. (I certainly understand those who did not ant to leave their bag unattended even though there is a seating area right there facing the windows where you could easily see your bag on one of the bar stool type chairs.)

I decided this would be a good time for a shower.

Anyway, eventually some of this crowd cleared out for their flights and it was quiet for a while until those with late afternoon flights arrived in the lounge.

Here are some views of the front parts of the lounge including the food stations, and seating, followed by some food items.

And the end are 3 photos from the second food station at the back of the lounge. It was not crowded back there and I found it more pleasant.

The Noodle Bar is up front in the first food section.

There are seating areas (bar stool type) in both food areas. There are a number of sections of workstation seating (long white counter tables with seating). There is seating near the windows and seating further inside. Finally, there is also a nice, quiet section at the back. I noticed some signs saying some like “please do not bring food into this section”.

HND Photos PART 1

Attached Images           

Last edited by armagebedar; Aug 13, 2018 at 4:39 pm
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

HND Photos PART 2

Attached Images          

Last edited by armagebedar; Aug 13, 2018 at 4:39 pm
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

And now for the ANA HND Shower rooms....

Spotless as always. Nice basket of towels and very useful amenities.

On the counter near the basket is a small fan. Extremely helpful. Not only has it been over 30C outside, the showers do not seem to have a/c or ventilation - at least none that I could see or feel. (BTW, I noticed a similar problem with the UA showers in HKG, and some of the CX showers in HKG. Odd).

I like that there is a small padded chair to sit on, but there is also a small bag rack which was great for my carry-on.

On the wall is a rack with an attached large-size hangar plus 2 hooks. (Another hangar would have been helpful). A clean floor mat/towel was also folded and hanging on the rack.

The ANA showers remind me of the BR ones at the Infinity lounge in TPE - spotless, functional, well-supplied and really welcome before a 13 hour flight.

And, just because.....the toilet buttons. I notice a number of washrooms (including some in the lounge) have a button or wall panel for the flushing sound.

Attached Images      
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
The business class lounge at Haneda, does it have any “work rooms” like the Suite Lounge? I need to work a few hrs while there.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
The business class lounge at Haneda, does it have any “work rooms” like the Suite Lounge? I need to work a few hrs while there.
yes it does.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:43 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Please use his thread for discussion of the international ANA business lounges at HND, NRT and KIX. A wikipost hasn’t been created for all to share information.

Regards,
armagebedar
ANA forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.