Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA 788 169 seats economy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:21 am
Original Poster

ANA 788 169 seats economy

I am booked on BRU-NRT, with this lovely configuration. I am a bit terrified by the seatpitch in economy and the weird recline.

- Is ANA blocking seats from pre-selection? I see that rows 21 and 22 are "elite", therefore not being available in pre-selection but from the seat-map I pulled from KVS i see that they are.

- Will I be able to select them during online check-in? (hoping that there is a middle seat empty...)

- I am *A gold, shall i gently ask (beg) for an upgrade at checkin desk? Any experiences?

Last edited by jerry_greece; Jun 13, 2017 at 4:35 am
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
I am booked on BRU-NRT, with this lovely configuration. I am a bit terrified by the seatpitch in economy and the weird recline.

- Is ANA blocking seats from pre-selection? I see that rows 21 and 22 are "elite", therefore not being available in pre-selection but from the seat-map I pulled from KVS i see that they are.

- Will I be able to select them during online check-in? (hoping that there is a middle seat empty...)

- I am *A gold, shall i gently ask (beg) for an upgrade at checkin desk? Any experiences?
These seats are normal reclining seats, rather than the sliding model.

NH will not upgrade anyone for free unless there is an overbooking. If they are overbooked they might offer a for cash upgrade. Asking or begging even as an NH elite is not going to help you for a free upgrade. As *G your rank in the op-up race, should it come to that, would behind all NH elites, including NH *S. So chances are slim, but there are success stories from time to time.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. Normal recline is also an improvement, so will try to get one of these during check-in (if available).

I knew that chances for the upgrade were small, I keep my fingers crossed for overbooking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.