Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access on StarFlyer?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Lounge Access on StarFlyer?

I am booked on JFK-HND-KIX with JFK-HND in F and HND-KIX in Y on the same ticket. The HND-KIX leg is the following morning and operated by StarFlyer. I don't know if this leg has a premium cabin.

Will I have access to the ANA lounge for my HND-KIX flight?
Does the HND-KIX leg have a premium cabin?

Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I am booked on JFK-HND-KIX with JFK-HND in F and HND-KIX in Y on the same ticket. The HND-KIX leg is the following morning and operated by StarFlyer. I don't know if this leg has a premium cabin.

Will I have access to the ANA lounge for my HND-KIX flight?
Does the HND-KIX leg have a premium cabin?

Thanks.
Is your HND-KIX flight booked with an NH flight number? Generally, if you had a same day departure with an NH coded flight you should be fine for lounge. Next day and Star Flyer coded...

Star Flyer does not have a Premium cabin, they are all Y.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Yes it has an NH flight number. I'm not entirely sure how much time I'll have between the lounge opening and boarding (9am flight) but was hoping to get a quick breakfast.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Yes it has an NH flight number. I'm not entirely sure how much time I'll have between the lounge opening and boarding (9am flight) but was hoping to get a quick breakfast.
Just remember, this would be the domestic lounge. If you want a proper breakfast, you are better off buying something at the airport. The domestic lounges are not impressive, and you will not be missing much.

NH flight number should be fine, then just the trouble of not having same day departure. Hang on to your F boarding pass. And show it. What time do you arrive?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
NH flight number in Y, OK for StarAllance Golds...a long stretch to use the F boarding pass from previous day.

Domestic lounges (JAL/ANA) have NO FOOD, only japanese rice crackers (senbei).
Drinks include beer on tap, whisky, juices.
ONLY.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
NH flight number in Y, OK for StarAllance Golds...a long stretch to use the F boarding pass from previous day.

Domestic lounges (JAL/ANA) have NO FOOD, only japanese rice crackers (senbei).
Drinks include beer on tap, whisky, juices.
ONLY.
It is a pretty long stretch, only mitigating circumstance would be if the flight arrives very late in the evening. Though even there I'd have my expectations that it might very well not be accepted.

There are bread, croissants, miso soup on the JAL side (Diamond Premier Lounge). Not a good breakfast, but something. I have not been in ages, but I seem to remember the Domestic Suite Lounge is more or less equal to the Diamond Premier Lounge of JAL.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:32 am
Original Poster

I arrive in the evening around 9ish and fly out 9AM. I plan to stay in one of the transit hotels (I believe one is by the international terminal and the other near terminal 2). I'm used to domestic delta lounges which have generally been fairly bare bones (maybe a bit better now) so I wouldn't be too disappointed if I didn't have domestic lounge access in the morning. But I'd like to have experienced the F or suite lounge if possible. I'm guessing it'll be a no go in the morning but if still open on arrival I can try and access the suite lounge then just to see it. Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I arrive in the evening around 9ish and fly out 9AM. I plan to stay in one of the transit hotels (I believe one is by the international terminal and the other near terminal 2). I'm used to domestic delta lounges which have generally been fairly bare bones (maybe a bit better now) so I wouldn't be too disappointed if I didn't have domestic lounge access in the morning. But I'd like to have experienced the F or suite lounge if possible. I'm guessing it'll be a no go in the morning but if still open on arrival I can try and access the suite lounge then just to see it. Thanks.
You will not be able to access the international lounge upon arrival. The arrivals and departure levels are completely separated, and without a connecting international flight you will not be allowed to access the departure level.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Oh well, thanks for the info. I'll have to make up for it when I'm in hkg.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:17 pm

I am hijacking this thread a bit. Flying CTS-NRT-JFK, CTS-NRT in Y and NRT-JFK in PE the same day, can I use the domestic lounge in CTS ?

And can I bring food to the lounge if they only have biscuits?

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by af fp
I am hijacking this thread a bit. Flying CTS-NRT-JFK, CTS-NRT in Y and NRT-JFK in PE the same day, can I use the domestic lounge in CTS ?

And can I bring food to the lounge if they only have biscuits?

Thanks!
Domestic lounge access for the connecting flight is only available to F and J passengers. Not PY. Of course if you have a *G Card somewhere, that will change the Picture.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:41 pm

Thanks a lot! I only have status with Skyteam, we will survive without the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.