Wiki Posts
Search

Use ANA miles to book hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: United and ANA
Use ANA miles to book hotels

is it possible to use ana miles to book hotels? I am a gold members with ANA, does it make sense to switch to United since United miles can be used for hotels? I do appreciate the service from ANA though.

Thanks,
Amy
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by Amy Shen
is it possible to use ana miles to book hotels? I am a gold members with ANA, does it make sense to switch to United since United miles can be used for hotels? I do appreciate the service from ANA though.

Thanks,
Amy
Welcome to FT.

I don't have direct experience. However, hotel coupons are provided as awards.
However, in general, flight awards are better value.

See
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/lo...au/coupon.html
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It is very rarely good value to spend airline miles for hotel nights. Usually you see people moving hotel points into airline accounts.

You can fly ANA and accrue to United, and vice versa but which one makes sense depends on your flying patterns, location, and what you want to achieve with your miles and status. It is not a simple question to answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.