Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NRT-ORD in F. Arrival lounge in ORD?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by jrmyl
I regularly do that flight in business and connect to a domestic flight to CVG in first. I use the regular United Club. I just show them my NH business class boarding pass. I am *G and 1K though so not sure if that would make any difference.
It makes all the difference. *G are allowed to use business class lounges within the alliance at any point of an international journey. Non-*G passengers, however, can only use UA lounges at departure airports of international flights and only when seated in a premium cabin. I believe connecting airports are OK too, but only if it is prior to the international leg. For instance, if flying BOS-hub-EU/Asia/S America etc in J, you could use the UC at BOS and at the hub. Doesn't work the other way around. That being said, might as well try your luck and see.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Flipping the boarding passes work all the times for me. My point is to just show the agent I flew in on F and wanted F but they only had J on the domestic leg.

OP you should do what I Just described.
I am not sure what airport lounge "Flipping the boarding passes work all the times for me" ? You get access when you are arriving international is because you are UA*G.

UA lounge agent would care less if you are arriving any non UA international F or C, all they care is either you are UA*G, or if you are arriving UA metal, but neither apply to OP, which means no lounge access.

Even you are connecting to F on a 3 class you still have no F/Polaris lounge access as long as it is domestic, as domestic no matter you are F on a 2 class or F or a 3 class makes no difference, as domestic = no lounge access period !

You probably don't know once I had arrived SFO in SQ F, even SQ SKL in SFO denied me as stating I am arriving not departing international !

Originally Posted by jrmyl
I regularly do that flight in business and connect to a domestic flight to CVG in first. I use the regular United Club. I just show them my NH business class boarding pass. I am *G and 1K though so not sure if that would make any difference.
You got lounge access is only because of that.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Mar 6, 2017 at 11:42 am
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
I believe connecting airports are OK too, but only if it is prior to the international leg. For instance, if flying BOS-hub-EU/Asia/S America etc in J, you could use the UC at BOS and at the hub. Doesn't work the other way around. That being said, might as well try your luck and see.
Officially, the lounge access is only for the departing airport of the said international flight in premium cabin. *A rules do not grant lounge access for a connecting airport to the said international flight, which means under this scenario, someone without *G status would not be able to use the UC at BOS.

Lounge access within *A are strictly governed by the cabin of the flight you are going to board at the said airport or elite status unless the airline in question has their own in-house rules, which then fall outside the jurisdiction of *A.

People often confuse *A lounge access with the more simplified and generous OW lounge access so it's important to understand the two set of rules are very different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.