Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Club Family Account miles usage

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Mileage Club Family Account miles usage

With the AFA account, do you have to call in to use the combined miles? I set up an account and it only shows my miles as my balance, although in my account page, it does show the AFA balance correctly, but does not seem to use or display those combined miles as usable when I try to book online. Anyone know what the process is on that?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
If you have AFA you just book it and the system will automatically deduct whoevers miles are expiring soonest.

The problem with AFA is you will never know the balances of your members unless you have access to there accounts. It annoys me a lot.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:48 am
Original Poster

But will it automatically combine the miles if necessary, if one account does not have enough? For example, if A has 50000 and B has 50000 and I try to book a 75000 mi ticket, will it book 50 from A and 25 from B? The website, when I log in, shows 50k in A account, and under A account, it shows family pool of 100, but when I try to make a booking, it shows the A balance only on the booking page.

This is all example numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.