USB media player

Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
USB media player

Hi all,

I bought a USB stick and I would like to connect it to the ANA in flight entertainment to watch my own shows. However, when I plug it in the system doesn't detect it and still asks for it to be plugged in.

Has anyone one had any luck with this or knows what format the USB player needs to be in?

Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
I've plugged in an older iPhone, back when these new seats and VOD systems were originally installed. ANA would provide (in F), an adapter from whatever the old port was to the old iPhone port. It worked.

More recently, I've plugged an iPhone into the USB port and was able to play music and movies from my device. Not sure how long back that was, but definitely not in the last year.

It remains unclear if their software gets updated to be compatible with the latest Apple hardware and software. Generally their system has quite a bit of media, so I am usually fine with their selection. If I wish to watch something on my device, I just watch on the device's screen.

The pain in the butt now is that without wireless headphones, one cannot charge and listen to your device at the same time. Fortunately I just got a pair of AirPods and they work great, albeit no noise cancellation. But I'm using my noise cancelling headphones (without any audio input) over the AirPods, which works well.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Thanks for your input! I emailed ANA to ask as well but I haven't heard back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.