ANA 777-200 BKK-NRT row 11 or 29?

Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I had HND BKK on the 00:30 departures on 787-8 with business staggered.
Ok awesome! Glad to hear it. Wonder if that's the new metal 100% of the time or not. Will ask ANA next time I call them.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ainternational
Ok awesome! Glad to hear it. Wonder if that's the new metal 100% of the time or not. Will ask ANA next time I call them.
As I wrote, in the current schedule it is on a 787-9. Which only exists in a full flat layout for international operations.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
As I wrote, in the current schedule it is on a 787-9. Which only exists in a full flat layout for international operations.
Indeed they changed the metal then as my 787 flights on the route had recliners. Good news!
Old Jan 29, 2017, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Indeed they changed the metal then as my 787 flights on the route had recliners. Good news!
It is probably driven in part by JAL going full flat on the longer Intra Asia routes. Their 777-200ER being reconfigured currently.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:40 pm

It is probably driven in part by JAL going full flat on the longer Intra Asia routes. Their 777-200ER being reconfigured currently.
Good to know. Have you flown JAL a lot? How do you feel about intra Asia on JAL vs NH?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to know. Have you flown JAL a lot? How do you feel about intra Asia on JAL vs NH?
I fly JL more than I fly NH. And generally I prefer JAL. The HND-GMP route is an exception though, I find the JAL offering there pretty weak in terms of soft product, not the staff as they are the usual standards. Though admittedly it has been a long while since I flew NH there, so maybe I am comparing to old information.

I do find the service and food of JAL better, their "bad" on the 787 are angled flat which are pretty good for the type. The regional 777-200ER are getting a version of the Cirrus herringbone seats, the 767 used on longer Asian routes have Thompson Vantage seats.

The problem seats are on Vancouver and San Diego with the old 787 angled flat.

There are some old 767 and 737 around as well. But they are mainly on China, Taiwan and Korea routes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.