Go Back   > > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 11, 17, 9:09 am   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 154
[Consolidated] ANA award redemptions on Etihad (EY)

Does anyone know how far in advance you can try and book award space on Etihad? Is it essentially in line with the policy that AA adhere to?

Also I think I already know the answer to this but Etihad no longer offer the Chauffeur service to ANA bookings?
Lavezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 17, 2:20 pm   #2
  
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavezzi View Post
Does anyone know how far in advance you can try and book award space on Etihad? Is it essentially in line with the policy that AA adhere to?

Also I think I already know the answer to this but Etihad no longer offer the Chauffeur service to ANA bookings?
Etihad does offer Chauffeur service on ANA bookings. Just flew Etihad 3 weeks ago from SFO - AUH - JED - AUH - SFO. Got Chauffeur to-from SFO and at AUH (Stop- over)
iqbalt80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 17, 10:32 pm   #3
  
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
Etihad partner award ticket - iad-bkk

Hi,

Does anyone know how many miles would be required to book an Etihad award through ana in business class from iad-bkk roundtrip would be? Also, is it difficult to do/find availability? And are there a lot of surcharges?

Thanks for any advice!
JT00SWIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 17, 4:08 am   #4
  
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Japan
Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, DL Gold
Posts: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT00SWIM View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know how many miles would be required to book an Etihad award through ana in business class from iad-bkk roundtrip would be? Also, is it difficult to do/find availability? And are there a lot of surcharges?

Thanks for any advice!
North America(IAD) to Asia 2(BKK) requires 136,000 miles in business.
However, you can't go through Europe.
The rule prohibits Area 1(North America) to Area 3(Asia) via Area 2(Europe).

Therefore, you need separate awards.
North America to Middle East requires 104,000 miles in business.
Middle East to Asia2 reuiqres 80,000 miels in business.
So, if you want to fly IAD-AUH-BKK-AUH-IAD, you need 184,000 miles.

Then, I have checked more than 10 random dates for IAD-AUH from JAN2017 to DEC2017. There is no availability at all.

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Jan 18, 17 at 4:14 am
Wasabi Tofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 17, 5:48 pm   #5
  
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu View Post
North America(IAD) to Asia 2(BKK) requires 136,000 miles in business.
However, you can't go through Europe.
The rule prohibits Area 1(North America) to Area 3(Asia) via Area 2(Europe).

Therefore, you need separate awards.
North America to Middle East requires 104,000 miles in business.
Middle East to Asia2 reuiqres 80,000 miels in business.
So, if you want to fly IAD-AUH-BKK-AUH-IAD, you need 184,000 miles.

Then, I have checked more than 10 random dates for IAD-AUH from JAN2017 to DEC2017. There is no availability at all.
Wasabi,

Thanks for the info! Are you checking through etihad guest for award space? And if so, are you only looking at Guest seat or open seat availability? I see space for open seat, but not guest seat. Also, are the rules you are stating, ANA's rules, or etihad's rules?
JT00SWIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 17, 9:12 pm   #6
  
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Japan
Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, DL Gold
Posts: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT00SWIM View Post
Wasabi,

Thanks for the info! Are you checking through etihad guest for award space? And if so, are you only looking at Guest seat or open seat availability? I see space for open seat, but not guest seat. Also, are the rules you are stating, ANA's rules, or etihad's rules?
It's ANA's award rule for partner airlines.

I checked award availabity by ANA's online award booking page.
For IAD-AUH, only TK flights are shown in some days.

I don't know correctness of Etihad availabiity on ANA's booking page.
However, for non-Staralliance partner, at least, GA(Garuda) availability is shown by ANA's partners award booking page. (e.g. you can book GA's HND-CGK-HND by ANA's award booking page)
Wasabi Tofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 17, 4:38 pm   #7
  
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 1A
Programs: UA 1K, NH Diamond, VX Elevate, Global Entry, Hyatt Courtesy Card + Lifetime Diamond, Amanjunkie
Posts: 2,481
Whoa wait, we can book some non Star alliance partners with NH miles?
ainternational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 17, 10:28 am   #8
  
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Japan
Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, DL Gold
Posts: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainternational View Post
Whoa wait, we can book some non Star alliance partners with NH miles?
YES.
See
https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/as.../tk/usage.html

non StarAlliance partners are:

EN,NX,EY,EW,GA,4U,HA,9W,PR,VS,VN
Wasabi Tofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 17, 6:04 pm   #9
  
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,167
Etihad Chauffeur on ANA awards and routing rules

Hello,

I read several places that Etihad ended their chauffeur for AA award tickets booked after ~ August 10, 2016. I'm reading some data points that people booking Etihad flights with ANA miles were able to get the chauffeur service. Is one allowed to have chauffeur with ANA booked awards? I'm not seeing any documentation on that.

Also, would you happen to know if you are allowed a double open jaw and a stop over flying with Etihad:

SFO-AUH (stopover) - SEZ

JNB-AUH-LAX
Astrophsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 17, 4:45 pm   #10
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 154
Most recent answer I received was yes to your first Q.
Lavezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 17, 5:01 pm   #11
  
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, SPG/MR Plat, IHG Plat
Posts: 3,380
IIRC ANA only requires that you return to the country of origin.

Since SEZ and JNB are in the same award region,you should be fine there also.

But couldn't say 100% for sure...
craigthemif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 17, 8:38 pm   #12
  
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
IIRC ANA only requires that you return to the country of origin.

Since SEZ and JNB are in the same award region,you should be fine there also.

But couldn't say 100% for sure...
I was trying to back track SFO-AUH-SEZ / SEZ-AUH-JNB / JNB-AUH-LAX

For some reason the availability on expertflyer and Etihad's website didn't match the inventory for LAX and they said that they could only get this to work:

SFO-AUH-SEZ / AUH-JNB / JNB-AUH-SFO

Took a while to get the itinerary together. So I'm not sure if a double open jaw is allowed, but potentially looks like you cannot backtrack as they said after speaking to a supervisor the backtracking didn't work because JNB is the further than SEZ. Didn't quite make sense, though the agent's english was fairly high level.
Astrophsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 17, 5:02 pm   #13
  
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, SPG/MR Plat, IHG Plat
Posts: 3,380
You missed out that middle part in your original post. You made it seem as if you were making your own way between SEZ and JNB.

ANA has limits on the amount of transits through the same airport. I'd say you're fairly lucky to get what you've gotten. I would have thought the best you'd get would have been SFO-AUH / stopover / AUH-JNB / JNB-AUH-SFO and you'd have to do the trip to SEZ separately.
craigthemif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 17, 10:39 am   #14
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavezzi View Post
Most recent answer I received was yes to your first Q.
I did want to follow-up on this. I just booked through ANA and it says I am eligible for the chauffeur service on Etihad.
Lavezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 17, 7:17 pm   #15
  
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavezzi View Post
I did want to follow-up on this. I just booked through ANA and it says I am eligible for the chauffeur service on Etihad.
Do you get the chauffeur on a stopover in AUH? I'm wondering if they would take you to Dubai and then pick you up.
Astrophsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top