Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2016, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Transit counter opening time at SIN

I think for NH flights it is transit counter E at Changi. Does anyone know
what time it opens in the morning?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Bump. This is for the early morning flight NH 802 at 6:30 a.m. I was at the transfer counter on Sunday to check in for the UA flight which leaves at 5:45. The UA counter opened at 3:45 a.m. and I got there at around 4 a.m. By that time no NH counter was staffed and no one knew when they open. Hope someone can help out.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
http://www.changiairport.com/content.../airlines.html

I seem to recall the transfer desks open throughout the night (at least certain ones among the 6 transfer counters)

However transfer check-in is subject to Early check-in hours as posted here

http://www.changiairport.com/content.../airlines.html

For NH: 0600 - 2359
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold
I am booked on NH 802 at 6:30am later this month. They suggest that I arrive at the check in between 3:30 and 5:30am for this flight, which seems absolutely brutal. I saw on http://www.changiairport.com/content.../airlines.html that they seem to offer early check-in. However, the woman in customer service with whom I spoke was not familiar with this.

Would I be able to check in around 10 or 11pm the night before the flight, go through security, then stay in a transit hotel for a few hours? It would be far less stressful. I also have access to the Star Alliance lounge, so I could spend some time in there.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by chrisphx

Would I be able to check in around 10 or 11pm the night before the flight, go through security, then stay in a transit hotel for a few hours? It would be far less stressful. I also have access to the Star Alliance lounge, so I could spend some time in there.
No problem with doing this. I have done this several times in the past year. I'm typically booked on NH802 and check-in the night before when NH804 and NH844 are checking in. I then clear immigration and stay in the transit hotel in T2 until NH802 is ready to board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.