Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA First Class Lounge NRT Access Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
ANA First Class Lounge NRT Access Question

My wife and I are flying Thai Airways from NRT-SYD. Our NRT-BKK leg is in Business and then we're connecting (same day) to Thai First Class flight BKK-SYD.

With same day flight on TG First (Star Alliance partner) can we use the ANA First Lounge at Narita?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The current Star Alliance policy only applies to first class departures from the local airport. So in Tokyo you will only have access to the business lounge.
It used to be just a same day F departure. But now says same day F departure from the local airport.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s...-access-policy

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Nov 23, 2016 at 10:22 am
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The current Star Alliance policy only applies to first class departures from the local airport. So in Tokyo you will only have access to the business lounge.
It used to be just a same day F departure. But now says same day F departure from the local airport.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s...-access-policy
This policy is valid for more than 5 years, not a recent change.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
This policy is valid for more than 5 years, not a recent change.
Really??? Guess I don't read the rules to frequently.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Flying internationally, it is F at point of departure or point of connection that counts.
Otherwise, i could fly HKG-(TG)-BKK-(SQ)-SIN-(LH)-FRA-(UA)-EWR, with HKG-BKK in F, then BKK-SIN-FRA-EWR in economy, and assume to have First class lounge priviledges at both Singapore and Frankfurt.
FYI, the actual carrier pays the lounge owner (i stand corrected on this), so in the case above, i wouldnt expect LH (@SIN) and UA (@FRA) to pay for first class lounge access just because you took a leg in first class.....makes sense?
Old Nov 26, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Just show the agent your F ticket intentionally and than she will ask you for your current ticket departing the specific airport. 99% they will let you in the F lounge.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Just show the agent your F ticket intentionally and than she will ask you for your current ticket departing the specific airport. 99% they will let you in the F lounge.
I doubt it. Japanese Airlines are sticklers for rules.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Oh yes they are
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:18 pm

Good point I have yet to try this on ANA/JAL
Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I have an upcoming trip SFO-NRT-SIN before Christmas both operated by ANA, SFO-NRT leg is first and NRT-SIN is business, can I access NRT first lounge?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by tomwhom
I have an upcoming trip SFO-NRT-SIN before Christmas both operated by ANA, SFO-NRT leg is first and NRT-SIN is business, can I access NRT first lounge?
Since both are operated by ANA, Yes.
If NRT-SIN was not than it's an no.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Since both are operated by ANA, Yes.
If NRT-SIN was not than it's an no.
Thanks for confirmation. I have used HND first lounge last year and it's way better than businee one IMO. This will be my first time to try ANA first at NRT, I know there are two first at NRT, which one is better ?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for confirmation. I have used HND first lounge last year and it's way better than businee one IMO. This will be my first time to try ANA first at NRT, I know there are two first at NRT, which one is better ?
They are basically the same. Take the one that is closest to your departure gate. One is around the 50's another around 40's.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:36 pm

Same exact lounge with lesser people.

Noodle bar is in the middle and you can peek over to the Business lounge to see how long there line is. First Lounge has priority over Business lounge for ordering noodles.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Oh yes they are

The nice thing about them is them is that you never need to remind them of the rules because every single front line agent will likely be able to recite them in their sleep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.