Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA First Class Lounge NRT Access Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by vg247
I'm flying this route March 21 via United Airlines Global First to NRT, then flying ANA Business to SIN. - Would my Global First ticket allow me access to the ANA Suite Lounge in Narita during the layover?

Many thanks,
V
No. Access is based on departing flight class.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
No. Access is based on departing flight class.
And what do you know . . . same answer vg247 got when he asked the same question in the UA forum.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
And what do you know . . . same answer vg247 got when he asked the same question in the UA forum.
Many thanks again Kacee, wasn't doubting the answers over on the UA forum- just posted the questions on both forums(here as well) as they came to mind when I was looking over my upcoming flights.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
At least we all agree on the answer
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Many thanks again Kacee, wasn't doubting the answers over on the UA forum- just posted the questions on both forums(here as well) as they came to mind when I was looking over my upcoming flights.
Lucky you didn't get dinged for cross posting.

You might as well try for the F lounge and see what happens.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by ainternational
Lucky you didn't get dinged for cross posting.

You might as well try for the F lounge and see what happens.
Thank you thank you, apologies if I overlooked any forum rules/etiquette as that was not my intent.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Thank you thank you, apologies if I overlooked any forum rules/etiquette as that was not my intent.
Doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, I think cross posting makes it easier for people to find information, but the admins don't agree. :-)

Fortunately the ANA moderator is a very nice guy. ^
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by ainternational
Doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, I think cross posting makes it easier for people to find information, but the admins don't agree. :-)

Fortunately the ANA moderator is a very nice guy. ^
^ Thank you and agreed - great to know about cross posting , I would have thought it's okay to ask anywhere on a forum as long as the posts are specific and apply to the corresponding threads, etc.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:34 pm

Flying SIN-NRT-LAX, only about 1:45 layover in NRT.

Wife and child is flying Singapore J, Myself and my other kid is flying Singapore F.
Any way to swing our entire family into F lounge or are they pretty strict about that?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shingu79
Flying SIN-NRT-LAX, only about 1:45 layover in NRT.

Wife and child is flying Singapore J, Myself and my other kid is flying Singapore F.
Any way to swing our entire family into F lounge or are they pretty strict about that?
Each F passenger can invite one guest. So two F inviting two J should be fine.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Each F passenger can invite one guest. So two F inviting two J should be fine.
Perfect, thank you!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:45 pm

So I'm a little confused (maybe I shouldn't be).

I am contemplating flying NH F ORD-HND arriving 2030.
Connecting to NH J HND-HKG departing at like 0100.

Can I access ANA F lounge at HND even if my connection is in J , not F?
I saw the question above about UA F > NH J connecting at NRT = no F lounge access, I thought I'd ask again.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:54 am

I think officially, the outbound class of service dictates the lounge - so no.

But users here have said showing your F BP is likely to get you in anyways. So give it a shot and please report back!
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer
So I'm a little confused (maybe I shouldn't be).

I am contemplating flying NH F ORD-HND arriving 2030.
Connecting to NH J HND-HKG departing at like 0100.

Can I access ANA F lounge at HND even if my connection is in J , not F?
I saw the question above about UA F > NH J connecting at NRT = no F lounge access, I thought I'd ask again.
It should be yes because it's NH -> NH
Multiple times I go NH F -> NH J I've never had any hesitations or concerns. In theory we "paid" (with miles ) for an F ticket but they only had an J seat going to wherever your final destination is.

Unless you get an lounge agent in an bad mood I really don't see why they wouldn't put you in F. Besides the J lounge can get full at times and they are both really identical.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
It should be yes because it's NH -> NH
Multiple times I go NH F -> NH J I've never had any hesitations or concerns. In theory we "paid" (with miles ) for an F ticket but they only had an J seat going to wherever your final destination is.

Unless you get an lounge agent in an bad mood I really don't see why they wouldn't put you in F. Besides the J lounge can get full at times and they are both really identical.
Thanks for that - what? NH lounge agents in a bad mood? Is that a thing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.