Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
1-2-1 in 2 rows, 8 seats in total.
ANA website on F class is here (link).
F Menus and meals FT thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1847163-f-menu-meals.html
Photos of the F Suites on the 777-300ER can be seen in post 120 (link).
FAQ about ANA "First square".
1. What is the best seat for a solo passenger?
Any of the window seats.
2. What is the best seat for a couple?
No consensus. Discussion on the topic of two people traveling together in F is here Two traveling in F or in post 121
3. I see 1A blocked. Is it occupied?
It will be released to all at online check-in (t-24) if not occupied.
4. What planes have the first class suites? Only 77W
5. What routes have the first class suites?
NRT-JFK,LAX,SFO,ORD,IAD,IAH on 77W
HND-JFK,LAX,ORD,FRA,LHR on 77W
6. Is the seat padded in bed mode?
Yes. A a flight attendant will add a comfortable pad atop the spacious flat-bed seat.
7. What's up with all this chatter about hot cabins?
The cabin temperature seems to be maintained very warm relative to most westerners' preferences, but it seems to be the prefered temperature for Japanese passengers.
You will survive.
8. Can you dine together with a partner in a suite like Cathay Pacific first class?
Unfortunately, no.
Print Wikipost

First Class ("First Square") seating and service thread [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by United5459
Hi guys and gals,

So there shouldn't be any real difference between seats 1K and 2K if I wanted a window seat that hasn't been taken yet?

Does it make it a negative to have a first class bulkhead?

Also, if I plan not to check-in any luggage, will I have any issue of overhead space?

I never flew international first class, so pardon for my 'amateur-ness'.
No real difference IMO - and not like some J where the bulkhead has more legroom, they are both identical in this case.

Only potential issue is noise / light from the galley in 1K (since the galley is right in front of you) but that doesn't tend to be as big a problem on the Asian airlines as it is on the US airlines.

You won't have any issue with overhead space - in all likelihood your bag will fit under the ottoman in front of you and if not they'll find a place for it!

Have fun!!
Old May 9, 2016, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Hi guys and gals,

So there shouldn't be any real difference between seats 1K and 2K if I wanted a window seat that hasn't been taken yet?

Does it make it a negative to have a first class bulkhead?

Also, if I plan not to check-in any luggage, will I have any issue of overhead space?

I never flew international first class, so pardon for my 'amateur-ness'.
From a seat space perspective, the bulkhead is exactly the same size. There are people who don't like to be right by the galley in row 1. But as NH have heavy curtains lights are not going to be an issue. Noise from the galley is also very limited.

Carry-on is not going to be an issue. There is space under the ottoman, and plenty of space overhead. Unless you are planning to bring a full sized suitcase as carry-on
Old May 9, 2016, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

As a person who NEVER experienced 1st class and kinda like chatting with flight attendants, 1K should be ok, then, yeah?

I am not planning on really getting any quality sleep anyway due to the excitements.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duke787
Agreed old F definitely had it's pluses and in some ways much preferable. Especially with a mostly empty F cabin (which limits the need for the privacy features in the First Square).

In terms of the OP's question about reviews:

Head over to the Trip Report forum - there are a number of well done TRs on NH F and the First Square. There are also some blog posts from the usual suspects (OMAAT, TPG, etc.) out there.

Check out here for meal/drink menu: https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/tw/e/asw_c...eal/#anchor008
Can you send me a sample TripAdvisor First Class Square Review?
Old May 10, 2016, 4:49 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/
Trip Report is a subforum here.
Old May 10, 2016, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Carry-on is not going to be an issue. There is space under the ottoman, and plenty of space overhead. Unless you are planning to bring a full sized suitcase as carry-on
Then you might have to fly LH with their private storage cubby =P
Old May 10, 2016, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

I shouldn't have much drawback from choosing seat 1K rather than 2K, right?

I am still contemplating.
Old May 10, 2016, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/
Trip Report is a subforum here.
Here's a good one from quirrow who takes very nice pictures - poke around the TR forum and you'll find plenty more:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post20501885

Also TPG has one: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/05/ana-first-class-review/
Old May 10, 2016, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Duke!.
Old May 11, 2016, 9:11 am
Original Poster

For the First Class and the Business Class, what is the cut-off for ordering the second meal?

I heard order is taken up to 2 hours prior to arrival, but does that mean you can order the second meal like say at 1 hour and a half before landing?

I know there are 'snack' options between the 2 meal service, but I don't want to miss out on a First Class service protocol.

I read multiple reviews and of course there were overwhelmingly good reviews, but also saw some reviews that reviewed on poor service on ANA's First Class. I really hope I did not make a mistake in choosing to fly First Class for the first time

Last edited by United5459; May 11, 2016 at 11:01 am
Old May 11, 2016, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the First Class and the Business Class, what is the cut-off for ordering the second meal?

I heard order is taken up to 2 hours prior to arrival, but does that mean you can order the second meal like say at 1 hour and a half before landing?

I know there are 'snack' options between the 2 meal service, but I don't want to miss out on a First Class service protocol.

I read multiple reviews and of course there were overwhelmingly good reviews, but also saw some reviews that reviewed on poor service on ANA's First Class. I really hope I did not make a mistake in choosing to fly First Class for the first time
You didn't make a mistake. Every airline has 1-2 bad apples but NH is one of the best F products out there - it's in my personal top 2 favoritrs along with Emirates.

I remember stressing out over every detail before my first F flight so I get it but don't worry it'll be an great experience.

From a meal perspective when you get on board just let the FAs know at some point that you'd like a 2nd meal and you'd like it as late as is possible and they'll let you know when that is and accommodate accordingly.

And make sure you try some sake and Japanese Whisky while on board!
Old May 11, 2016, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duke787
You didn't make a mistake. Every airline has 1-2 bad apples but NH is one of the best F products out there - it's in my personal top 2 favoritrs along with Emirates.

I remember stressing out over every detail before my first F flight so I get it but don't worry it'll be an great experience.

From a meal perspective when you get on board just let the FAs know at some point that you'd like a 2nd meal and you'd like it as late as is possible and they'll let you know when that is and accommodate accordingly.

And make sure you try some sake and Japanese Whisky while on board!
Thank you for your reassurance. I'll remember your tips.
Old May 11, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: NH DIA+SFC+1MM; Marriott Titanium; AMEX Plat
I'm not familiar with the transpac F services but if they have Palmes d'Or pink champagne, go for that one

When I flew, the other passengers had the Krug (I'm guessing they were Japanese and went for the more famous brand) but I found the Palmes d'Or better.

A mini photo report of NH F when flying to LHR earlier this year:
http://millionmiler1985.blogspot.fr/...to-london.html
Old May 11, 2016, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the review link.

Oh, so should I keep or change my seat from 1K to 2K???
Old May 11, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: NH DIA+SFC+1MM; Marriott Titanium; AMEX Plat
Any F class seat is great. I think you might have more windows on 2K though? I might be wrong....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.