Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shower at Narita Int'l to Int'l plane change

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Shower at Narita Int'l to Int'l plane change

In a few weeks, I have an evening flight from Hanoi that will change planes in Bangkok, change planes again in Tokyo Narita, and then head to Chicago. First leg is on Thai, the rest are ANA. Business class. My layover at Narita is from 8:25 am to 10:45 am. Knowing myself, I'm sure I'd love to take a shower at that point before the 12 hour final leg. I think the ANA arrival lounge has showers, but this would require me to clear Immigration and go landside? Sounds painful given the modest layover. What are my options? This is my first time in Japan so my knowledge level is 0.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
NH has two lounges airside at NRT and both have showers. They're pretty nice. You'll want to head there right away upon arrival, in case there's a line to use the showers.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
They'll give you a plastic beeper to keep with you in the lounge for when the shower is ready. I like the products in there...there is some emulsion milk in a pink package I love.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by bfwolf
In a few weeks, I have an evening flight from Hanoi that will change planes in Bangkok, change planes again in Tokyo Narita, and then head to Chicago. First leg is on Thai, the rest are ANA. Business class. My layover at Narita is from 8:25 am to 10:45 am. Knowing myself, I'm sure I'd love to take a shower at that point before the 12 hour final leg. I think the ANA arrival lounge has showers, but this would require me to clear Immigration and go landside? Sounds painful given the modest layover. What are my options? This is my first time in Japan so my knowledge level is 0.

Thanks in advance.
There is no need to clear immigration in Narita. There is a security check for transit passengers. There is a lounge near gate 45 and one near gate 55. If both those lounges are busy you can always use the United Club near gate 31 which also has a shower. As was stated earlier, always best to try to the use shower as early as possible in case there is a wait. Either before or after your shower you can enjoy the Noodle Bar at the ANA Lounge.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
From my recent experience in August around the same time you would be at NRT, if you go to the J lounge in the South Wing near the 40's gates, there was no wait. I remember 4, but there may be 5 showers available. Great and relaxing facilities stocked with Shisheido products.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
All my lounge experience in NRT is with UA. So given the choice. Do I go for the ANA or UA shower? Transiting 11/4 and jumping ANA to UA.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
All my lounge experience in NRT is with UA. So given the choice. Do I go for the ANA or UA shower? Transiting 11/4 and jumping ANA to UA.
If you have the time why not try the NH lounge? Even when I was flying SFO-NRT-SIN on UA I still used the NH lounge. Made a beeline to the shower upon landing and had no wait. Coming the other way I had about 7-10 min wait.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
If you have the time why not try the NH lounge? Even when I was flying SFO-NRT-SIN on UA I still used the NH lounge. Made a beeline to the shower upon landing and had no wait. Coming the other way I had about 7-10 min wait.
Thanks, I will be sure to stop in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.