Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Cancelled my booking but no confirmation email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:39 am
Original Poster

I cancelled my booking on ANA today. I called the hotline in Japan. The CS told me there was a penalty and that the balance of the funds would be returned to the credit card in three months. However, I did not receive a confirmation of the cancellation in my email. Is this normal? I booked this on the ANA website when I got the tickets.

And does it really take three months for the refund?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ccyao
I cancelled my booking on ANA today. I called the hotline in Japan. The CS told me there was a penalty and that the balance of the funds would be returned to the credit card in three months. However, I did not receive a confirmation of the cancellation in my email. Is this normal? I booked this on the ANA website when I got the tickets.

And does it really take three months for the refund?
I have never cancelled a flight myself, but when NH cancelled a domestic reservation (WX) I could see the refund on my credit card minutes after. But the domestic system may be very different. Did you have an international or domestic booking?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:10 am
Original Poster

I had an international booking.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:23 am
dge

I recently canceled an ANA international flight. The agent in their European call center told me that I would not receive any kind of written confirmation via email or other means. The refund took then three days to appear on my credit card (I was also told by the agent it would take up to three months).
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Sep 6, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Cancelled an ANA international booking previously as well, and the refund was posted within 3 days. This was a Japanese credit card for a booking on the Japan site.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I cancelled an international booking (no intention into flying economy back) to get my taxes and fuel surcharge back. It took them 6 days to get back to me with the right # and called me at midnight in the U.S. Last but not least they said 3 months and it's already past 3 days (no refund yet)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.