Community
Wiki Posts
Search

overnight connection in HND

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

overnight connection in HND

I am flying YVR-HND with an overnight layover (12 hours) onto HKG. Will my check baggage be checked through to HKG?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Palermo123
I am flying YVR-HND with an overnight layover (12 hours) onto HKG. Will my check baggage be checked through to HKG?
I've had bags checked through overnight. I'm not sure if you can stay in the transit area overnight, you definitely can't in NRT, nor in HND domestic terminals. The upstairs area of the public area(towards the viewing deck) has a couple nice benches to sleep on, and you can camp out there overnight.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
You can stay HND airside overnight if you have a boarding pass.

Japanese blog pages report overnight stay, unfortunately in Japanese, but there are a lot of pictures.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/pinoko13/archives/6342084.html
http://blog.livedoor.jp/pinoko13/archives/6343862.html

Some restaurants and stores advertised 24hours operation, however, this blog reports those were closed after last departure and open two hour before the first flight of the next morning.
IMHO, land side of HND international terminal is far better for overnight stay than airside.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Or you could go to an adjoining hotel and sleep for 8 hours in a bed.
Regarding the checked bag, policy is one thing (which I cannot confirm), convincing the check in counter that you are trying to check a bag in for a connection flight departing 2 days from that time could be more challenging, but you are flying NH not UA ;-)
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: UA1K
I just overnighted at the First Cabin capsule hotel in Haneda Airport Terminal 1 landside. Was 6000 Yen (around USD 60). Was very clean and comfortable. I highly recommend. Check-in begins after 7 pm. You should do a web search on a capsule hotel; it has its pros and cons.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: UA/AA
Was it quiet or noisy sleeping there? I have read it is akin to sleeping in a storage locker. How were the shared bathroom/shower facilities ?
I was looking at this option at one time but managed to get my flight changed to Narita which is where my connection was. That was much better than schlepping my luggage over on a bus in the morning.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
A month ago I stayed twice at the MyStays Haneda for $70CAD. Brand new hotel with shuttle. Highly recommend at that price.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 5:43 pm

I will fly YVR -> HND -> HKG, with overnight connection (from 18:30 to 08:55). All flights will be on ANA flights. I would like to confirm if my checked baggage be checked through to HKG. I know this has been answered few times, I just want to ensure there is no policy change, as dragging the baggage to the hotel and back would be very convenient for me. Thanks for your reply in advance.

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
A month ago I stayed twice at the MyStays Haneda for $70CAD. Brand new hotel with shuttle. Highly recommend at that price.
I also booked MyStays Haneda, but the price went up already for CAD$92.76 (room for $78.08 + taxes & fees for $14.68). Good to know that you highly recommended this!

Last edited by armagebedar; Apr 13, 2015 at 8:27 pm Reason: subsequent posts by same poster
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aky238
I will fly YVR -> HND -> HKG, with overnight connection (from 18:30 to 08:55). All flights will be on ANA flights. I would like to confirm if my checked baggage be checked through to HKG. I know this has been answered few times, I just want to ensure there is no policy change, as dragging the baggage to the hotel and back would be very convenient for me. Thanks for your reply in advance.
You will be able to check your baggage all the way thru but you must clearly specify that's what you intend to do upon check-in at YVR.

However to be sure, I recommend that you call or write to ANA Customer Service to verify the answer to your question. They are up to date with the most recent changes, if any, whereas some of our answers here may not necessarily be the most recent information.

Last edited by Guava; Apr 13, 2015 at 10:58 pm
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Guava
You will be able to check your baggage all the way thru but you must clearly specify that's what you intend to do upon check-in at YVR.

However to be sure, I recommend that you call or write to ANA Customer Service to verify the answer to your question. They are up to date with the most recent changes, if any, whereas some of our answers here may not necessarily be the most recent information.
Thank you!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Ought to be checked through if it's on the same booking, but make sure that that's clear at the check-in counter in Vancouver or by calling customer service.

If you're airside they can't kick you out. But if sleeping in the terminal ain't your bag, head to T1 for this: http://www.first-cabin.jp.e.jr.hp.tr...terminal1.html
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by aresef
Ought to be checked through if it's on the same booking, but make sure that that's clear at the check-in counter in Vancouver or by calling customer service.

If you're airside they can't kick you out. But if sleeping in the terminal ain't your bag, head to T1 for this: http://www.first-cabin.jp.e.jr.hp.tr...terminal1.html
Thanks! I booked Hotel Mystays Haneda for the night already. I just do not want to drag the checked luggage back-and-forth unnecessarily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.