Arriving late at NRT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arriving late at NRT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Arriving late at NRT

Hi all.

My NH 1009 flight arrives at 9pm. Even the Airport Limousine has stopped running at this hour. What are my options for getting to central Tokyo?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Keisei bus company, jointly operated with two other bus companies, operate a direct bus to downtown Tokyo, Tokyo station for 1000 yen and operates through last departures at 11:15pm. No problem getting to Tokyo. Once in Tokyo, it might be difficult to find transit to your final destination however.

Keisei train has express and limited express trains to ueno through 1034pm departure.

JR operates express train to various areas of Tokyo up until 10:15pm, and also operates local trains departing narita at 11:00pm with connection to Tokyo in Chiba connecting to another rapid train arriving to Tokyo at 12:29am

So there are a few options still beyond 9pm.

Jiburi

Last edited by jiburi; Sep 11, 2014 at 10:33 pm
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 5:29 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Private transportation with MK Taxi or another private car transfer service.

Will run US $200-275.

Can include meet and greet, wi-fi and a higher end automobile vs a traditional Tokyo cab.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I flew this in March and too was worried about making the last JR Express train to Tokyo Station but even with a little delay arriving at NRT I went through passport control, got my bags and got the last NEX train with about 8 minutes to spare.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:03 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Moved to the Japan forum as this concerns airport-to-city transport.

- armagebedar
ANA forum moderator
Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:42 am
KPT

Programs: JAL Sapphire
Originally Posted by ainternational
Private transportation with MK Taxi or another private car transfer service.

Will run US $200-275.

Can include meet and greet, wi-fi and a higher end automobile vs a traditional Tokyo cab.
That actually doesn't sound all that bad, for what you're getting

If money is no object, you can contact MCAS and pay $3K for Narita->Ark Hiils. Supposedly 20 minutes
Old Sep 14, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Even the Airport Limousine has stopped running at this hour.
There are plenty of buses and trains after 9pm. Where do you need to get to?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Thanks everyone! It looks like I won't have to check any bags and I will just try to get to the last N'Ex. Failing that, I will try to get on the Keisei and take the subway to Toranomon. My destination is the Andaz Hotel.

I don't want to stay the night in Narita unnecessarily, and don't want to pony up $2,700 for a copter, but it sounds like the rail options will work for me!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:34 pm

Thanks everyone! It looks like I won't have to check any bags and I will just try to get to the last N'Ex. Failing that, I will try to get on the Keisei and take the subway to Toranomon. My destination is the Andaz Hotel.
Never stayed at Andaz before. But if you're trying to get to Toranomon, then the best train option from NRT may be via Skyliner anyways since it only requires one transfer. Take Skyliner to Keisei Ueno, then it's a quick transfer to Ginza line's Ueno station. There is a bit of stairs involved, but you say you only have carry-ons. It's only a few minutes to go from Keisei Ueno to Ginza line.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Hi all.

My NH 1009 flight arrives at 9pm. Even the Airport Limousine has stopped running at this hour. What are my options for getting to central Tokyo?
Where did you get this bad info? The last limo bus to TCAT departs at 23:00. This issue has been discussed before. ANA will provide cabs if necessary or they will provide buses beyond 23:00 in case of a delay.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:18 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by gnaget
Where did you get this bad info? The last limo bus to TCAT departs at 23:00. This issue has been discussed before. ANA will provide cabs if necessary or they will provide buses beyond 23:00 in case of a delay.
Happy Tuesday to you too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.