Search

HIJ to HND/NRT on January 5, 2015: questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Blue
HIJ to HND/NRT on January 5, 2015: questions

Hello all -

My travelling partner and I are considering flying NH from HIJ to Tokyo HND/NRT on January 5th, 2015 on Experience Japan fares (aside: anyone know when booking for this date will open online?), but connecting to different flights at NRT, me to BR 197 to TPE at 14:00 and my partner to SQ 12 to LAX at 19:15.

I have a few questions as we're a bit apprehensive about a few things given my tight connection times across Tokyo.

Am I right in assuming...

a) that my partner should have no issue connecting to SQ 12 back to LAX (departs 19:15) at NRT after flying NH 3114 (IBEX's afternoon flight, arriving NRT 15:55) and that she can get all her check-in documentation done at HIJ, including through-checked baggage?

b) that there is no early-/mid-morning NH-coded flight from HIJ to NRT on this day (have schedules been uploaded yet?) that will get me to BR 197 to TPE in time for its departure at 14:00, and that the most hassle-free way for me to get to NRT that morning is to fly to HND on NH 672 (arrives 09:00) or 674 (arrives 10:25 am), and then the HND-NRT limousine bus?

c) that getting a seat on the HND-NRT limousine bus will not be a huge issue on January 5th (or should I, if possible, book in advance?)?

Thanks for any advice you can offer. We'd really prefer to spend the 4th in Hiroshima and fly up the 5th (especially as Experience Japan fares aren't valid on the 4th!).

Finally, if it makes a difference, I have A3 Star Gold status so hopefully that makes queues to re-check-in at NRT a non-issue and a few hours in the lounge may make life much easier after the morning rush to HIJ.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:39 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by mdonley
Am I right in assuming...

a) that my partner should have no issue connecting to SQ 12 back to LAX (departs 19:15) at NRT after flying NH 3114 (IBEX's afternoon flight, arriving NRT 15:55) and that she can get all her check-in documentation done at HIJ, including through-checked baggage?
She should be all right -- just make sure she has her LAX-NRT itinerary ready for the ground staff at HIJ to check her in.

b) that there is no early-/mid-morning NH-coded flight from HIJ to NRT on this day (have schedules been uploaded yet?) that will get me to BR 197 to TPE in time for its departure at 14:00, and that the most hassle-free way for me to get to NRT that morning is to fly to HND on NH 672 (arrives 09:00) or 674 (arrives 10:25 am), and then the HND-NRT limousine bus?
Yes, it's true there is no morning flight to NRT from HIJ, but given we're still 5 months out and no schedule has been loaded I can't say for certain. That being said, I agree with your suggestion to take NH672 or NH674 to HND and take the bus to NRT.

c) that getting a seat on the HND-NRT limousine bus will not be a huge issue on January 5th (or should I, if possible, book in advance?)?
January 5th will be a Monday and most folks should be back home, so you shouldn't have any major problems getting a bus, IMO. If you're concerned, you could take the earlier flight out of HIJ and be guaranteed a seat -- or you could take the train.

Last edited by armagebedar; Jul 28, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.