Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA award change policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I had to cancel an award in November and the points posted while I was still on the phone with ANA CSR. Had my screen open and was logged in.
Thanks for the data point. I read in another thread that a refund took up to a month, but I'm guess that was referring to the taxes / fees, not to the points.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by armagebedar
If you made a redemption in business class using the business class level of miles, but one or more segments was in economy, you can "upgrade" to business class at no cost should it become available on that segment.
OK, I just need a little hand holding and confirmation...

I booked (online) open-jaw awards for myself and Mrs. Axa BOS-IAD-NRT and returning ITM-NRT-ORD-BOS. Business was only available for the long haul sectors, so we have three legs in economy. These awards cost 95K miles each round-trip at R season level.

-If I understand it correctly...if business opens up for any of these legs, we can "upgrade" without cost, is that right?
-Also, I believe this has to be called in and can't be done online, correct?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by flyaxa
OK, I just need a little hand holding and confirmation...

I booked (online) open-jaw awards for myself and Mrs. Axa BOS-IAD-NRT and returning ITM-NRT-ORD-BOS. Business was only available for the long haul sectors, so we have three legs in economy. These awards cost 95K miles each round-trip at R season level.

-If I understand it correctly...if business opens up for any of these legs, we can "upgrade" without cost, is that right?
-Also, I believe this has to be called in and can't be done online, correct?
Depending on how two cabin UA flights count for redemption, there may very not be any J to open. But in theory yes.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Depending on how two cabin UA flights count for redemption, there may very not be any J to open. But in theory yes.
Thank you! I feel like I have my own personal adviser after your help in multiple posts I've set up alerts for the flights so we'll see what happens. No big deal if they remain economy. One other question...a bit OT... if we are on a J/C ticket but flying economy out of ITM will we have lounge access in Itami?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thank you! I feel like I have my own personal adviser after your help in multiple posts I've set up alerts for the flights so we'll see what happens. No big deal if they remain economy. One other question...a bit OT... if we are on a J/C ticket but flying economy out of ITM will we have lounge access in Itami?
Yes you should have lounge access connecting to a long haul J. Don't get too excited though, domestic lounges in Japan are pretty basic.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jun 16, 2017 at 5:48 pm
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:26 am

Just as a follow up to the above. United opened Business Saver award space for both BOS-IAD and ORD-BOS. I called ANA and they "upgraded" us (from voluntary downgrade) to business for both flights. So United in the case of two-cabin service does consider business-first as business class and not first class.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL Platinum (ST+), JL JGC (ows), NH SFC (*AG)
Just as a follow up to the above. United opened Business Saver award space for both BOS-IAD and ORD-BOS. I called ANA and they "upgraded" us (from voluntary downgrade) to business for both flights. So United in the case of two-cabin service does consider business-first as business class and not first class.
How far out from departure did United open up ge Business Saver award space? I've got a similar trip in December with domestic legs in economy and I'm waiting for the space to open up!
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by weetanuki
How far out from departure did United open up ge Business Saver award space? I've got a similar trip in December with domestic legs in economy and I'm waiting for the space to open up!
Nov 5th and 14th.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:35 pm

what if you make a change after the outbound flight is taken? for example, LAX-TPE-LAX on EVA, using ANA miles, after you fly LAX-TPE leg, can you change the return date TPE-LAX ??
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
what if you make a change after the outbound flight is taken? for example, LAX-TPE-LAX on EVA, using ANA miles, after you fly LAX-TPE leg, can you change the return date TPE-LAX ??
Yes.
Ticket validity is 1 year from the departure date of LAX-TPE.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Yes.
Ticket validity is 1 year from the departure date of LAX-TPE.
So you mean the changed return date must be within 1 year after the departure date of LAX-TPE, is that correct?

Last edited by stmadfish; Apr 21, 2018 at 6:12 pm Reason: add quote
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Almost the same question, I booked a mixed class flight, like SFO-NRT by ANA in eco, NRT-LAX by ANA in first, after some dates SMF-EWR by UA in eco. Those first two flights have been finished, and I have one-more flight from SMF-EWR. I charged mileage like outbound from USA-JAPAN in eco, and JAPAN-USA in first (mixed), if I am able to find UA open some business for SMF-EWR, am I able to call ANA and upgrade it from eco to business? Since there is no first on SMF-EWR.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by stmadfish
So you mean the changed return date must be within 1 year after the departure date of LAX-TPE, is that correct?
Yes.
When you book an award flights, your first flight must be done within 1 year from the original award issue date.
(e.g, you may not book the intended second flight because of 355 days reservation window. In that case, you have to book a flight on a dummy date within 355 days)
Then, after the first flight, you have to use the remaining award flight(s) within 1 year from the departure date of the first flight.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
T&C says expiration date of miles will not change if redeposited.

I'd like to "change" (my definition, not ANA's) the outbound leg to a different city. I fully realize this is a cancellation, redeposit, rebook scenario.

Q1. Can this be executed without forfeiting my miles which would now be expired?
I once did this with FlyingBlue and I had about a week (presumably a batch job ran and killed them off later).

Q2. Hypothetically, if I had enough mileage to book another roundtrip concurrently before cancelling the current ticket, would that alleviate any expiration? I do not have said miles, but maybe I'd jump through hoops if this was the only way.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Has anyone been able to drop a segment at the start of an ANA partner award? I have a ticket with a CTS-NRT segment (on ANA) that I'd like to cancel, but I can't cancel the entire award because the partner availability isn't there anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.