Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA award change policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by armagebedar
If you made a redemption in business class using the business class level of miles, but one or more segments was in economy, you can "upgrade" to business class at no cost should it become available on that segment.
I have 3 legs on my trip, 2 of them are business and 1 in economy for total of 155k points (2 pax).

I've priced out what it would be with all 3 business and it comes out to 190k points. So does that mean I cannot just upgrade my 1 economy to business even if i will pay the extra points?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/wws_co...ard/tk/01.html

Change at call center have to be completed 96 hours prior to the reserved flights and new departure. If you did not change by this limit, you will not be able to change anymore.

There is no fee for changes.

The airline, passenger, sector, and route cannot be changed.

When changing a fully unused ticket regardless of the sector that will be changed, additional payments based on applicable mile, fuel surcharge, and various taxes in date of change may be required to cover the difference.
Old May 5, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Am I correct that if I have NH miles expiring in May 2016, those miles will still be bookable through 11:59PM on May 31st (Tokyo Time)?

Anything else I need to be aware of before booking a future award with soon to be expiring miles?

Thanks!

Last edited by bk3day; May 5, 2016 at 6:41 pm Reason: clarification
Old May 8, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Lost in translation

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/wws_co...ard/tk/01.html

Change at call center have to be completed 96 hours prior to the reserved flights and new departure. If you did not change by this limit, you will not be able to change anymore.
This interpretation is different from Japanese document.
So I asked Mileage desk.

Correct interpretation/rule:
Change has to be completed 96 hours pritor to departure time of the new flight AND prior to departure time of the original flight.

So, if you booked 09:00AM June 1st flight,
you can change the flight to 09:00AM June 5th flight at 08:00AM June 1st.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I am looking at a return flt on UA from AMS. I would actually like to return 2 days later but it's not available. As I am reading this thread am I correct in thinking that if the space on UA opens up at least 96 hours before my Outbound I can change the return without any additional miles or fees?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Hoping someone can help. I'm looking to do EWR-IAD-JNB(stopover)-VFA and return VFA-JNB(stopover)-FRA-ORD. There is availability for my dates. In another thread, it seems that I can do these stopovers (one each per out/inbound). Elsewhere, it seems I can do only one (either out or inbound). Basically, I'm trying to tack on that short VFA trip to my award booking so I don't have to buy a separate ticket.

Second question: if I can do 2 stopovers and/or if I can only do 1 (would then put VFA trip at beginning or end instead of middle), could I change the date of the segments JNB-VFA-JNB if needed? I'd be changing the date not of the out or inbound but of internal segments. Sort of. Hope this makes sense. Will be in J, if that matters.
out of interest where are you seeing jnb vfa av?
i cant see any award availability at all..
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by cruisr
I am looking at a return flt on UA from AMS. I would actually like to return 2 days later but it's not available. As I am reading this thread am I correct in thinking that if the space on UA opens up at least 96 hours before my Outbound I can change the return without any additional miles or fees?
I think this is ANA ticketed award only, not 100% sure about UA.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
So if two people are booked on a partner award, can I do a name change for one of the passengers for only 3000 miles?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by cloney
If i do a cancel and rebook changing a economy to business, i'll be charged 3000 points per pax but will i be able to rebook immediately without having to wait 3 months for the points? I imagine I can call in and do this and the penalty will just be 6000 points for 2 pax. I wont have enough points to rebook if I have to wait for the returned points first.
Wait, it's 3000 miles to cancel a partner award, or 3000 miles per passenger?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
out of interest where are you seeing jnb vfa av?
i cant see any award availability at all..
I think I saw it on UA. It's on SAA. In the end, I couldn't do it this way bc am only allowed 2 connections/ stops per out or inbound. I ended up just paying for VFA RT.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Wait, it's 3000 miles to cancel a partner award, or 3000 miles per passenger?
It's 3000 per ticket.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:10 pm

I was able to change my economy flight segment to business with 3000 points change fee on top of the difference between economy and business. Now if you've talked to ANA before they made it very clear that any change between award seat classes not possible and thats the rule. ANA is very by the books.

Here's where it gets interesting, I called in 2-3x before inquiring about a change of my first leg that was in economy from JFK to ICN and told that I can only cancel and rebook with 3000 points change fee per passenger. Now my last leg from NRT to SEA in business is fully booked and cannot find anymore seats so I did not want to risk losing that seat. The 3rd time i called in the rep told me specifically that they will be able to change, not cancel, the first leg with no problems with the 3000pts and that it would be "unfair" to me if they did not allow that. I knew full well that this is BS but whatever, i transfer 35k+ 6k points for 2ticket changes and called in after the points transferred.

First rep I spoke with gave me what I expected that this is impossible to do without canceling. I stated that the rep i talked with before said this was no problem and reiterated exactly what I wanted to do was legal within their means. Instead of blowing me off, she called her supervisor over and searched for the recorded message I had with the rep. After 15 mins of hold they found the recording and confirmed what I said was true. After another 5 mins of hold they said they will do a one time exception for me because of what the incorrect rep said to me!

ANA customer service went beyond my expectations and showed exemplary service! I had zero hope that it will go through but it did!
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:09 pm

I booked a partner award ticket in J. However, since one of the legs (a relatively short one) is on a partner which doesn't release J seats until about 3 weeks before the flight, I booked a Y seat instead for that leg. If the J seat for that leg becomes available (more than 96 hours before the flight), would I be able to change to the J seat? If so, could I do it online? Or would I have to call? Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:01 pm

I have seen this question asked several times in this thread (and others), but haven't seen the answer.

If I need to cancel my award, will I get the points back right away? Or is there a delay?

I am interested in booking an award now, with an eye on better dates in the future. I don't mind paying the 3,000 mile change fee if my changes involve new routings, etc..., but I'm worried that my miles will be tied up for days / weeks before I can book the new award.

Anyone have any insight on this?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by robe0341
I have seen this question asked several times in this thread (and others), but haven't seen the answer.

If I need to cancel my award, will I get the points back right away? Or is there a delay?

I am interested in booking an award now, with an eye on better dates in the future. I don't mind paying the 3,000 mile change fee if my changes involve new routings, etc..., but I'm worried that my miles will be tied up for days / weeks before I can book the new award.

Anyone have any insight on this?
I had to cancel an award in November and the points posted while I was still on the phone with ANA CSR. Had my screen open and was logged in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.