Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA IAD-NRT seat types: 777-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by travel4b
Based on earlier posts it seems the old style will be back for the summer. My outbound from IAD on 8/27 continues to show the old configuration while the return on 9/6 says that it is scheduled to change. Apparently, the changeover will occur as of September 1st. I'm trying to see the glass as half full...
+1 I'm outbound on 8/28 and hoping the same!
Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I just got off NH 2 this morning (4/12) and honestly those worried about new v. old shouldn't be wasting time and energy worrying about it. On the trip I just finished with NH 2 this morning I also flew OZ F suites, EK F, TG A380 F, and TG 747 new F (over about 3.5 weeks) and I can say honestly that the old F on NH1/2 is on par with each of those. Add in the incredible service on NH and you won't be disappointed. On immediate review I would even put the overall NH experience as the overall #1 slightly beating out OZ F even with the old F seat.

The seat is comfortable and they put a foam pad on it when you sleep for added padding (though it's comfortable for lounging with or without the pad) plus they give you pillows and memory foam lumbar pillows (I think by the end I had 2 of each). There is plenty of privacy despite no sliding door like new F / EK F / OZ F. Even though we had a 4/8 load (no one in the middle seats) the seats existing walls and the staggered set-up of the seats provides ample privacy and because there are no sliding doors the cabin is quite airy and feels quite spacious (and privacy for me is the #2 most important factor after seat comfort).

Seriously there are lots of things to stress about and deal with in planning a trip and I know that like others on this thread, for me the seat type for NH 2 was one of those things I worried about. Believe me there's no reason to waste time and energy - no matter which plane you get, it'll be one of the top experiences you can have in the sky.

I haven't uploaded my pictures from the trip but once I do I'll post a couple here and will be posting a more detailed review over in the TRs
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
I just got off NH 2 this morning (4/12) and honestly those worried about new v. old shouldn't be wasting time and energy worrying about it. On the trip I just finished with NH 2 this morning I also flew OZ F suites, EK F, TG A380 F, and TG 747 new F (over about 3.5 weeks) and I can say honestly that the old F on NH1/2 is on par with each of those. Add in the incredible service on NH and you won't be disappointed. On immediate review I would even put the overall NH experience as the overall #1 slightly beating out OZ F even with the old F seat.

The seat is comfortable and they put a foam pad on it when you sleep for added padding (though it's comfortable for lounging with or without the pad) plus they give you pillows and memory foam lumbar pillows (I think by the end I had 2 of each). There is plenty of privacy despite no sliding door like new F / EK F / OZ F. Even though we had a 4/8 load (no one in the middle seats) the seats existing walls and the staggered set-up of the seats provides ample privacy and because there are no sliding doors the cabin is quite airy and feels quite spacious (and privacy for me is the #2 most important factor after seat comfort).

Seriously there are lots of things to stress about and deal with in planning a trip and I know that like others on this thread, for me the seat type for NH 2 was one of those things I worried about. Believe me there's no reason to waste time and energy - no matter which plane you get, it'll be one of the top experiences you can have in the sky.

I haven't uploaded my pictures from the trip but once I do I'll post a couple here and will be posting a more detailed review over in the TRs
Looking forward to your TR... I agree with you on the old/new in first argument. However, in business, I really prefer the staggered. If only so that when I want to sleep, I'm not sliding down all the time and not getting any sleep!
;-)
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerdude88

my worry is whether or not i can get award F seats, iad-nrt-iad.

so far, were stuck in biz class.

privacy(2???) is that important? gee whiz. never heard that one in the top 10 before.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:54 am

i think the new j on nh is much much better than the old j though that's why people fuss about getting a new config so much. f is pretty much the same.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
i think the new j on nh is much much better than the old j though that's why people fuss about getting a new config so much. f is pretty much the same.
Exactly.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Hyatt GP Diamond
Hi there,

FWIW, I just got off the phone with ANA Customer Service (1-800... for USA) to make seat assignments (from my UA bookings) for my flights from SGN-NRT-IAD, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that NRT-IAD on July 29, 2014 is listed as the NEW CONFIGURATION (ie IOJ)! She even explained the layout as 1-2-1 in Business and 2-4-3 in Economy!

I also reserved a J class seat for my friend for NRT-IAD on Aug 30, 2014, and was informed that it is also IOJ!

Of course, she made the disclaimer that ANA has the right to change aircraft type at any time...

Very happy indeed! Or is this the normal spiel the customer service reps give out?

Thanks for listening...
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Flew the inaugural 300 ER NRT - ORD. Great seats , staggered window seats, good storage, excellent service.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Having flown both, I think the new First is better than the old first. The big difference is the IFE screen - new one is huge (compared to old first).

The HUGE difference, as many others noted, is in J. A major difference.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I've been monitoring the configuration on this route for a couple of weeks. Cross-referencing the info from flightradar24 with the configuration breakdown in armagebedar's very helpful READ THIS FIRST post, NH1 (and therefore NH2), has been on IOJ configured aircraft about 70% of the time so far during April. There don't seem to be any particular days that are always new or always old; it's just luck of the draw. Fortunately for me, NH1 is IOJ configured today; I'll be boarding shortly and am looking forward to another amazing kaiseki meal.

Last edited by gvdIAD; Apr 16, 2014 at 9:12 am
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by CX747-467
Hi there,

FWIW, I just got off the phone with ANA Customer Service (1-800... for USA) to make seat assignments (from my UA bookings) for my flights from SGN-NRT-IAD, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that NRT-IAD on July 29, 2014 is listed as the NEW CONFIGURATION (ie IOJ)! She even explained the layout as 1-2-1 in Business and 2-4-3 in Economy!

I also reserved a J class seat for my friend for NRT-IAD on Aug 30, 2014, and was informed that it is also IOJ!

Of course, she made the disclaimer that ANA has the right to change aircraft type at any time...

Very happy indeed! Or is this the normal spiel the customer service reps give out?

Thanks for listening...
Did this match up with what the ANA website was showing, or was the website still showing old configuration? I am flying NRT-IAD on July 20 (business class) and the online seat selector has been showing the old configuration ever since I booked about 6 weeks ago. I keep checking every once in a while, hoping it will change!
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: UA Premier, Hyatt GP Diamond
Yes, jimindc, I made a dummy flight reservation on those dates I'm flying and the ANA site has them configured in the IOJ planes.

Hoping you get the IOJ as well... hoping that gvdIAD 's post is correct and ANA will "randomly" switch your flight over to IOJ.

Good luck!
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Hope it is changed by June 20 when I am flying NRT-IAD in C.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Just selected seats for my BFF for IAD-NRT on 7/12/2014, and it is business staggered!

Fingers crossed that it stays that way, for a more enjoyable gift.

Last edited by ok2uselane; May 24, 2014 at 5:38 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Apr 25, 2014, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by ok2uselane
Just selected seats for IAD-NRT on 7/12/2014, and it is business staggered!

Fingers crossed that it stays that way.
That's nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.