Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA IAD-NRT seat types: 777-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
It is hard, but not impossible. I just did NH F FRA-NRT using UA miles 3 weeks ago ! I booked it at the end of November, at the time there were quite a few NH F in CDG-NRT available in December and January as well. Not to mention the 2nd NH ORD-NRT, 2nd NH JFK-NRT, and IAD-NRT are open in F as well.

P.S. I just checked NH F using UA miles, there are 6 day available in January, 4 days available in February on the 2nd flight NH 1011. Remember NH F opens up close in, not far in advance, also don't be picky on dates for awards. Since the UA devaluation start Feb 1st, I suggest you should book and fly in January or February when there are availabilty for NH F instead.
sadly i think nh1011 is the old f? generally ana will have decent f space to cdg lhr and fra in the low season (late jan to early april), although tpac f is getting hard. lax and sfo have always been nonexistent with the occasional f seat popping up a few days before departure, jfk and ord with two dailies used to have okay space but now near impossible for jfk and much harder for ord although they have a few dates through the schedule afaik
Old Dec 31, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by yerffej201
sadly i think nh1011 is the old f? generally ana will have decent f space to cdg lhr and fra in the low season (late jan to early april), although tpac f is getting hard. lax and sfo have always been nonexistent with the occasional f seat popping up a few days before departure, jfk and ord with two dailies used to have okay space but now near impossible for jfk and much harder for ord although they have a few dates through the schedule afaik
NH1011 is indeed the old F. While there are opinions upon which one is best, there is concensus that no one will be disappointed by the old first. The differences are limited.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by yerffej201
So ? What's the problem with old F ? If I have a choice I would actually want to be in old F rather than new F. When I get a window seat I want to have enough windows for natural light or star glazing at night when I can't sleep, I don't like to be surrounded by walls at all. New F only get 2 windows instead of 4, and I had to move my body forward in order to see the view. Other than that, everything is the same.

TPAC in F on NH is always hard to come by even 5 year ago, I remembered back in 2006, I looked up for a month or two couldn't get anything for LAX/SFO/JFK, IAD was the only option that could still find F seats. Back then UA was charging extra miles if you want to do US>Asia thru Europe, so FRA/CDG/LHR wasn't even on my or anyone's radar.

The dates that I had searched for NH 1011 I think is decent availability in January and February. We are talking about F here, not C. Do you really expect it available several days a week ? I don't think any airlines will have that many F inventory for awards at all.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 31, 2013 at 10:12 am
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by armagebedar
Unfortunately you simply had bad timing. NRT-IAD is operated alternately by the 773 and the 77W.
Thanks. Hope I get better luck on the NRT-IAD flight today. The BKK-NRT flight had even worse seats (the old Lazy-Boy style). Granted only a 5-6 hour flight but still tough on what is essentially a red eye.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Thanks. Hope I get better luck on the NRT-IAD flight today. The BKK-NRT flight had even worse seats (the old Lazy-Boy style). Granted only a 5-6 hour flight but still tough on what is essentially a red eye.
THAI tends to release a lot of BKK-NRT/NRT-BKK in C close-in (two weeks) or 8+ months out. If you don't incur a lot of change fee, it's a lot better product on the A380.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by zerorain
THAI tends to release a lot of BKK-NRT/NRT-BKK in C close-in (two weeks) or 8+ months out. If you don't incur a lot of change fee, it's a lot better product on the A380.
Even UA's fifth freedom NRT-BKK and v.v have internationally configured full flat seats in j and f. sadly it's getting canned.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 5:22 pm

It's obvious on this thread that the only people upset/complaining about not getting the "new square" seat are those who have not actually flown in said seat.

The old F seat is better.

One window versus 4?

And the seats themselves are identical from what I can tell. The only real difference is that ridiculous wall covering the windows.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
It's obvious on this thread that the only people upset/complaining about not getting the "new square" seat are those who have not actually flown in said seat.

The old F seat is better.

One window versus 4?

And the seats themselves are identical from what I can tell. The only real difference is that ridiculous wall covering the windows.
I have flown both a few times, I strongly prefer the square. Two main reasons new (much bigger) IFE screen and a more private feel.

But just my opinion.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:51 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
FYI, it appears that NH1/2 is being almost entirely operated by non-IOJ 773s, so do not expect the IOJ product for the next few months at least.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:47 am

FYI, it appears that NH1/2 is being almost entirely operated by non-IOJ 773s, so do not expect the IOJ product for the next few months at least.
Any idea when the IAD flights will exclusively the new product? I'm flying in J around Labor Day and much prefer full flat seats. My impression was that the holdup in upgrading NH1 and NH2 was a ripple effect from the Dreamliner delays.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:01 am

Thats not entirely true. I am flying this next month in late Feb it has been scheduled for IOJ for months and it still currently is.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:06 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Thats not entirely true. I am flying this next month in late Feb it has been scheduled for IOJ for months and it still currently is.
I said that it appears to be (i.e. currently) operating almost entirely with non-IOJ 773s based on currently aircraft utilization; some flights may be operated with IOJ 77Ws. This could change at any time.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:50 pm

I said that it appears to be (i.e. currently) operating almost entirely with non-IOJ 773s based on currently aircraft utilization; some flights may be operated with IOJ 77Ws. This could change at any time.
Where do the IOJ Planes go now? To Europe Routes? or to support 2nd JFK route?

Unfortunately its almost impossible to get F award seats on LAX/JFK and the only hopes are ORD and IAD where only one ORD route is guaranteed for IOJ seats at this moment.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: US Silver, AA Gold
This was the case around the new year. Now it is alternating - 773 one day, 77W the next day, etc.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by anchor79
Where do the IOJ Planes go now? To Europe Routes? or to support 2nd JFK route?

Unfortunately its almost impossible to get F award seats on LAX/JFK and the only hopes are ORD and IAD where only one ORD route is guaranteed for IOJ seats at this moment.
just got off nh1010 in f which is the second daily. it was new ioj first square

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.