Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 9, 12, 7:24 pm   #1
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
Posts: 265
Maximizing 4 Stopover rule for Island Hopper

I recently became aware that ANA allows 4 stopovers on award tickets, so I was wondering if someone could come up with a an idea to incorporate the following as an award maximizing 4 stopovers.

Way out -> MNL-ROR(Stop)-GUM(Stop)-TKK(Stop)-PNI-KSA(Stop)-HNL
Way Back->HNL-MNL

Is the above a valid routing? Better way to do this?
aarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 12, 9:11 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Japan
Programs: ANA *G, JAL, Priority Club
Posts: 136
I think that HNL is also counted as a stop over.
You have to reduce the number of stop over by staying there within 24 hours.
icchan4970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 13, 5:13 am   #3
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 1A
Programs: UA 1K, NH Diamond, VX Elevate, Global Entry, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Amanjunkie
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarato View Post
I recently became aware that ANA allows 4 stopovers on award tickets, so I was wondering if someone could come up with a an idea to incorporate the following as an award maximizing 4 stopovers.

Way out -> MNL-ROR(Stop)-GUM(Stop)-TKK(Stop)-PNI-KSA(Stop)-HNL
Way Back->HNL-MNL

Is the above a valid routing? Better way to do this?
Curious if you ever found a way to book this or something like it?
ainternational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 13, 5:27 am   #4
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainternational View Post
Curious if you ever found a way to book this or something like it?
No, but I am still thinking about it especially now that ANA apparently does not charge fuel surcharge. If anyone has similar experience please share. I am hesitant to transfer my AMEX points to ANA as their rules are like the US tax code.
aarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 13, 7:33 am   #5
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 1A
Programs: UA 1K, NH Diamond, VX Elevate, Global Entry, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Amanjunkie
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarato View Post
No, but I am still thinking about it especially now that ANA apparently does not charge fuel surcharge. If anyone has similar experience please share. I am hesitant to transfer my AMEX points to ANA as their rules are like the US tax code.
No fuel surcharge? That would be news to me.

I think the best way to try and do this would be building at itinerary with an ANA agent over the phone. I may try it out...
ainternational is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:02 am.