Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Experience Japan Fare and Japan Airpass (consolidated)

Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:10 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
Original Poster

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE

NH will start selling the Experience Japan Fare airpass to non-residents of Japan with a valid international ticket at a cost of 10,500 JPY (plus airport tax) per segment. Please see the chart below for a comparison with the existing *A Japan Airpass and the Visit Japan Fare airpass.

http://www.ana.co.jp/int_farerule/jp...rience_en.html

The main differences of the Experience Japan Fare compared to the other airpasses are:
- Must be purchased online via ANA SKY WEB
- The international ticket bound for Japan does not need to be on NH
- No limit on the number of segments that may be bought; the others are limited to a maximum of five segments
- Can be purchased up to 14 days before departure of the first segment; the others can be purchased any time before departure to Japan
- Reservations are required (i.e. no open ticketing)
- No changes and no refunds allowed

Last edited by armagebedar; Jul 3, 2012 at 4:38 pm Reason: added English link
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL PM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Do you have decide on the number of segments 14 days in advance of your trip.

Do you need a RT international ticket or will OW work.

Is there an F version.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Please read published official English web page at ANA re. rules on this fare.
http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/uk/e/wws_co...experience_jp/

>> - No changes and no refunds allowed

For most people this is the biggest difference. Changes and refunds are allowed on the other product.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:29 pm

I think I found the "catch" in these fares...

Looking at one direct flight, all fare buckets have seats.... and is available for purchase even at the highest discount on ANA domestic site, but the Experience Japan site does not offer the direct, but instead various connections... so you have to pay for two sectors instead of one!
Old Oct 4, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Does anyone know which fare class this is, or more directly, if this fare is eligible for accrual on UA? ANA site says 100% accrual but I'm guessing this only applies to AMC. Reading between the lines, it looks like this fare is treated as domestic connection to international, in which case pretty much any fare class should be 100% base miles on UA. Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2012, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MtRoot
Does anyone know which fare class this is, or more directly, if this fare is eligible for accrual on UA? ANA site says 100% accrual but I'm guessing this only applies to AMC. Reading between the lines, it looks like this fare is treated as domestic connection to international, in which case pretty much any fare class should be 100% base miles on UA. Thanks!
I believe it books into B, as that is the standard class for domestic segments on an international itinerary. If you want to be certain you might want to call NH to confirm.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by armagebedar
I believe it books into B, as that is the standard class for domestic segments on an international itinerary. If you want to be certain you might want to call NH to confirm.
Thanks, maybe I'll call. Sounds like a good deal especially because domestic flights look pretty expensive in general. As pr0digy25 said, availability might be a challenge though.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MtRoot
Thanks, maybe I'll call. Sounds like a good deal especially because domestic flights look pretty expensive in general. As pr0digy25 said, availability might be a challenge though.
Generally domestic fares are expensive in Japan, though you can purchase more restrictive fares directly from the carriers starting two-three months prior to travel. Depending on the distance and route this can be less than JPY 10,500.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 1:54 pm

Well, tried to book a flight on Jan 5 from MMB - HND. The website says it is available and up until I enter all the info and click purchase, it gives me an error and says not available. Calling the ANA office says the flight is sold out. The ANA japan website says it is still available for the regular fare.

Just thinking that even though it says it is available till Jan 31 with no blackout, ANA is doing its internal blackout for this promotional fare.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by armagebedar
Nope. it is booked in H fare class.
70% on AP.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Nope. it is booked in H fare class.
70% on AP.
Thanks for the information!
Old Dec 5, 2012, 4:05 pm

I flew a few flights with this fare recently and credited them to UA. Some observations:
  • The availability does seem to be restricted. I had to look around to get a reasonable itinerary. This is probably not blackout though, because I had one flight that showed available turned unavailable a few days later.
  • The reservations look like international, i.e., they have 6-digit confirmation # and you have to go to the "international" side of ANA website to see your reservation.
  • You have to check-in in person presumably because they are supposed to check your passport or permanent residency card (but no agent did).
  • The e-tickets show H fare. On UA that's 100% credit for international connection.
  • However UA recognized them as Y fare and credited with fare class bonus, except for the EQM of SPK-OKA (longest domestic flight ). RDM for the same flight still included fare class bonus . Not sure if I should push on the EQM bonus because this could be one of the many glitches of UA's IT system to begin with...
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
So correct me if I am wrong. The new 'EJ' fare there is no requirement to fly *A to/from Japan.
One can be on ANY airline in and out of Japan as long as not living in Japan. Right?

So this is almost like the *A Japan pass except a few limitations (like not changeable after booking)
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
One can be on ANY airline in and out of Japan as long as not living in Japan. Right?
That's correct.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: MileagePlus
I have a question. If I am stationed here in Japan, can my wife who will have her ticket and I think I might have my old ticket purchase these? I did the see the eligibility requirements but is it possible to get it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.