Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Experience Japan Fare and Japan Airpass (consolidated)

ANA Experience Japan Fare and Japan Airpass (consolidated)

Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I was never asked anything about my itinerary when flying EJ fares.

Take that as you will.

My guess is that the staff doesn't want to bother trying to communicate with you if you have a foreign passport, especially if you don't speak Japanese.
You should have been asked when you booked Experience Japan Fare, didn’t you? No, never asked when check-in at an airport. The impression I have is that during booking, the reservation system will ask those information and booking cannot be completed if an agent leave those information blank.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
You should have been asked when you booked Experience Japan Fare, didn’t you? No, never asked when check-in at an airport. The impression I have is that during booking, the reservation system will ask those information and booking cannot be completed if an agent leave those information blank.
Tell you the truth, it's been maybe 8 months+ since I last booked this fair, but I don't remember anything about anyone/anything asking for anything.

Maybe we had to input a PNR on booking. I can't remember. Maybe it just waived everything after I put "Canadian Passport".

All I know is that, if I was in the OP's place, once I book the ticket, I would not stress one minute about it.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: QFF
So I'm trying to book this fare but it isn't allowing be to book an infant. When clicking on the information link next to passengers it is coming up with the following:

* One infant(8 days to 2 year old) may sit in a single adult passenger's lap.
When making a reservation from a website where this screen is displayed, it is not necessary to purchase a ticket for the infant or notify the airline in advance that you will be traveling with an infant. Please notify the staff directly at check-in.

I haven't come across this before in my travels, so I can just show up on the day and let them know I have an infant?

Scott.
Old May 3, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by dino84
So I'm trying to book this fare but it isn't allowing be to book an infant. When clicking on the information link next to passengers it is coming up with the following:

* One infant(8 days to 2 year old) may sit in a single adult passenger's lap.
When making a reservation from a website where this screen is displayed, it is not necessary to purchase a ticket for the infant or notify the airline in advance that you will be traveling with an infant. Please notify the staff directly at check-in.

I haven't come across this before in my travels, so I can just show up on the day and let them know I have an infant?

Scott.
Yes, after all it is a domestic flight. Done that twice with my Children. They will ask for the name of the child, if you want you can hand over your passport but it isn't required. No extra charges.
The good thing about travelling with a child is the choice or a 787 balloon or some origami papers as a free gift in flight.
And if there are empty seats, the FA may allow you to move to a row with them.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:42 pm

Will be taking a SQ flight to HND and am considering a transfer to CTS on this fare.

Will SQ be willing to check through the luggage to CTS even though the tickets are on 2 separate PNRs?

Anyone know the minimum SQ-NH connection time? My flight arrives at 1605h and I'm considering the 1800h HND-CTS flight.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:04 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
Original Poster

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by SQ319
Will be taking a SQ flight to HND and am considering a transfer to CTS on this fare.

Will SQ be willing to check through the luggage to CTS even though the tickets are on 2 separate PNRs?
This is a question for SQ, as they will be checking you in at SIN.

Anyone know the minimum SQ-NH connection time? My flight arrives at 1605h and I'm considering the 1800h HND-CTS flight.
80 minutes for SQ to NH domestic.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by SQ319

I've done HND-FUK connection.

When I did it, I took my luggage, proceeded through customs et al., then followed the signs to "connections".

There is a small security check point, and right before you will see maybe 4 or 5 check in counters (one for ANA, JAL, and their domestic low cost counterparts). You can just drop your bag off there.

It was very easy, and I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I've done HND-FUK connection.

When I did it, I took my luggage, proceeded through customs et al., then followed the signs to "connections".

There is a small security check point, and right before you will see maybe 4 or 5 check in counters (one for ANA, JAL, and their domestic low cost counterparts). You can just drop your bag off there.

It was very easy, and I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
Great to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
what about getting through checked baggage going from a NH (FUK-NRT) to AC (NRT-YVR) flight on separate PNRs. the connection time would be 125min. i'm not sure if getting through checked baggage is a YMMV situation here.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ac737
what about getting through checked baggage going from a NH (FUK-NRT) to AC (NRT-YVR) flight on separate PNRs. the connection time would be 125min. i'm not sure if getting through checked baggage is a YMMV situation here.
Generally, Star Alliance carriers are fairly good at checking luggage through. But in the end it will depend on the agent manning the counter.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:31 pm

Question Award Ticket for ANA Experience Japan Fare?

Hello,

I just recently booked a J award ticket for February/March 2018, but I found out about the Experience Japan Fare even more recently.

Is it possible to use my ANA mileage points to book another award ticket for this fare?

I tried booking the domestic flights here:However, it gives me an error saying that there are no international flights. I then proceeded to here:but the latest dates are only 3-months (I'm assuming that this is normal for domestic flights?)

• Is it possible to book an award ticket for the Experience Japan Fare?
  • If so, where and how can I book it?

I tried searching for an answer on this thread, but I might have missed it, or there isn't an answer... yet.

Thank you so much for your time. ^
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by soojin
  • Is it possible to book an award ticket for the Experience Japan Fare?
Experience Japan is a fare where you can book domestic flights for a fixed price per segment, under certain conditions. An award flight is something you book using your points, and so this question really doesn't make any sense to me. Could you elaborate a little bit more what you want to do?

Experience japan fares can be booked from here
http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/wws_co..._jp/index.html
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: Platinum
Quick question, do these fares still accrue miles for United Mileage Plus?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:26 pm

Does the Experience Japan fare work when connecting from an international flight?

For example BKK - KIX - HND?

Do you really have to check-in in person at a counter for the EJ ticket?
Or will they be able to through-check me+luggage from BKK all the way to HND?

It would be TG -> NH at KIX and *A Gold

MCT at KIX International-Domestic is 60 min - is that still enough time if needing to check-in in person for this EJ fare?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Technically, there is nothing in the three eligibility criteria that couldn't be checked before arriving Japan, but IME NH wants to do it on location. And realistically, as the international ticket can be on any airline, how could NH ever be sure the other airline did the validation? So yes, check-in in person.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.