Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

ANA Experience Japan Fare and Japan Airpass (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Experience Japan Fare and Japan Airpass (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 7:28 am

ANA Experience Japan Fare

I'm interested in booking the ANA Experience Japan fare. However, I'm currently living in Japan on a cultural studies visa for one year. Does this make me ineligible for the fare? The fare rules require "residence outside Japan" but that could be interpreted in different ways...
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:06 am

ANA Experience Japan Fare - Multiple Booking Allowed?

I am planning to book a number of flights for later in the month uing the ANA Experience Japan Fare. Problems is that when I enter my planned five leg itinerary consecutively in the booking engine, I only have a limited choice of flights for each route for the EJ fare . If I break up my booking from 5 legs in one booking into 4 + 1 or 3 + 2 in two bookings, I am being offered the desired flights. Hence my question if the ANA Experience Fare allows multiple bookings in conjunction with the international ticket linked to it - or if you have only one shot and that's it. T&C are a bit inconclusive:

[Reservation, Purchase and Boarding Procedures]
◇Reservations for all sectors are required at the time of purchase. No open
sectors are permitted.
Additional question I have for those who have used the EJ fare: Rebooking to earlier flights is allowed on a standby basis - but I suppose one is pretty much down the pecking order, though?

Last edited by vfw614; Mar 2, 2014 at 9:12 am
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:13 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
Original Poster

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
That is correct -- you must be on a temporary visitor visa (or a Japanese citizen with a residence outside Japan) to use this and other similar fares (e.g. JL's Yokoso! Japan fare).
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:17 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan
Original Poster

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
You will likely need to call NH to book this properly. Without knowing your itinerary I can only speculate as to why you cannot book all five segments at once online, but it could be an issue of availability.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:14 pm

The problem is not availability. If you book a multi-leg itinerary, the system only offers nonstops if nonstops are available in the EJ booking class. If there are none available, you are also offered connections. Different if you book a route from the multi-leg itinerary as a one-way, then you get the full selection.

I have now, however, altered my itinerary and was able to include the ANA 744D on its second but last day of operation ^
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:26 pm

New Experience Japan ANA fares (anywhere in Japan for around $92 per flight)

I came upon this offer in a Japanese National Tourism e-mail newsletter I received today in case it would benefit anyone visiting through October 24 of this year. Details can be found here:

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/wws_c...experience_jp/
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: *$ Green
Experience Japan Fare (upgrades and mile accumulation)

Searched the forum and FAQ, but no mention on this fare type.

¥10,800 per one way (makes the FP seem silly).

Phone agent said no mile accumulation, but I can enter a FF# on booking page.

Phone agent also said that booking over the phone gets you a more flexible fare that you can change up to the date of departure, whereas the one online is not flexible.

A link should at least be put in the FAQ, as it's a really cheap fare compared to the normal fares sold (Tabiwari 75 was nearly double).

Also, is that fare eligible for last minute purchase of premium class?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Searched the forum and FAQ, but no mention on this fare type.

¥10,800 per one way (makes the FP seem silly).

Phone agent said no mile accumulation, but I can enter a FF# on booking page.

Phone agent also said that booking over the phone gets you a more flexible fare that you can change up to the date of departure, whereas the one online is not flexible.

A link should at least be put in the FAQ, as it's a really cheap fare compared to the normal fares sold (Tabiwari 75 was nearly double).

Also, is that fare eligible for last minute purchase of premium class?
Thanks for moving my post (without comments), but most of the questions are unanswered.

I know what is advertised, but it's not rare for what is "advertised" to differ from reality.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:01 am

New Experience Japan ANA fares (anywhere in Japan for around $92 per flight)

I flew those Experience Japan fares couple times. All posted as full Y on UA.

Somtimes the tabiwari 60 or 75 tickets are cheaper and changes are allowed.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:40 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Experience Japan fares book into Y so definitely miles earning. The rule for upgrade is somewhat vague on the website but it looks like you can upgrade for 9,000 yen per segment on the day (and earn miles for F booking class).

Upgrade
◇Ineligible. However you can upgrade by using upgrade points or by paying upgrade fee if the seat is available at the check-in counter on the day of departure.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Flew one of these HND-FUK earlier in the month.

Posted to UA as such:

Code:
Date	        Description	    Activity
04/02/2015	ANA 249-Y class	    849
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:21 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa
Flew one of these HND-FUK earlier in the month.

Posted to UA as such:

Code:
Date	        Description	    Activity
04/02/2015	ANA 249-Y class	    849
You would have earned 2 extra miles if you credited the flight to M&M.

Code:
08/04/2015	FUKUOKA-HANEDA	       +851
 	        NH248/NH248	 	 
 	        Economy Class, Y
Although mine was part of an international itinerary (booked in Z) I upgraded one segment with cash and the flight posted as F.

Code:
01/04/2015	HANEDA-FUKUOKA	      +1,701
 	        NH251/NH251	 	 
 	        First Class, F
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Note: With these fares you must checkin through the ticket counter. The kiosk machines won't issue you a boarding pass as the ticket agent must check your passport. Allow extra time at the airport. At HND the wait time was 20 minutes and at ITM there was no wait.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:26 am

How early can one check in at the airport?

I am assuming that chances for upgrade to premium class are reduced since I can't OLCI? Could a phone agent do it T-24?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
You can request same day upgrade to domestic Premium class as early as counter open. And you can request ONLY at airports and SAME day.

It means 05:15AM at HND. And, you can ask upgrades on ALL flights of that day for ALL domestic routes. So, HND counters have advantage to other airports, because of opening hours. For example, you have mileage run tickets of HND-OKA-HND, you can ask OKA-HND upgrade on 05:15AM at HND. However people in OKA have to wait until OKA counters open.
By then, people at HND may grab all of premium classes of OKA-HND on that day.

If you have *G status, you can use Premium counter.
Even you don't have *G status, Premium class upgrade request can be processed at Premium counter anyway.

And, 05:15AM is 05h15m00s PRECISELY. You had better queue up in front of counters, but agents are watching clock/watch, and start their job on time.

One important thing is waiting list handling for upgrade.
If Premium class seats are full, you can ask waiting list, but that request can be done at ONLY departure airport counters.

BTW, even UA issued award flight of NH domestic route can be upgraded by this same day upgrade. But no miles at all for AMC.

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Apr 21, 2015 at 11:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.